UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'The Chronic Outbursts'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: outbursts bass players etc..... Reply with quote

I seem to remember Sue Limbert and Sid (Richard Hart) both playing Bass with The Outbursts too, i think Dave sacked Norman as well, to be replaced by Trogg, who has a new band with, i think Jimmy Favell and Darryl Fulstow, who was a good friend of Nick Hawkins ( so Ian lee told me)........Tngled web and all that.
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: The Chronic Outbursts Reply with quote

That was it Jay, Daryl not Jason - thaks mate. Many apologises for getting the name wrong. Easy mistake to make given all the line up changes to the Outbursts.
I've been thinking of how many gigs I attended where I heard Mad Dave declaring "We're gonna storm the stage!". If they couldn't officially get the gig - they just played anyway!
I spent Saturday digging out some photos at my Mothers. One photo album had a caption "Chronic Outbursts support Birthday Party at Bossard Hall and blew them off the stage!".
By heck, those were the days.....
(Photos to follow when I get the time to turn them all into .jpg's).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy days ... a discussion about the Outbursts ... soooo glad I was there.

BTW - thanks Rick [Oldfield] for running over my leg in your van, it still hurts now!
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Stage invasions Reply with quote

Oooh yes, Dave had no problem invading the stage if they weren't allowed to play, Wasn't fazed by much really was he !? didn't he do it at an Art Nouveau gig, who went on to become Kajagoo goo , and having bumped into Nick Beggs the other year this seems strange ,as he said how much he loved the Outbursts....x
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Chronic Outbursts Reply with quote

Nick Beggs always was a thoroughly decent bloke, pity all the other Leighton members of Kajagoogoo were all so far up their own backsides.

And Guest (what no name? come on we're all old LU7 PX's here! - perhaps you are still too embarrassed). You most likely deserved Rick Oldfield driving over your leg! What were you lying in the road for anyway? Razz
Ian Lee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: It was hiliarious ! Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the Chronic Outbursts stormed an Art Noueau gig at The Bossard Hall -terrific ! They wanted to do it at the Queensway Hall, at a local bands gig, too, (13/06/81 ?) but were thwarted- shame ! And yeah, I think everyone in LB except me was in the Outbursts at one time- Daryl Forstoe (new band with Craig Hopgood, gig at The Ship, Linslade, LB, 11 September ?) Nick Hawkins- yeah, now living in LA (what, better than LB ?) Sue Limbert (moved to Middlesborough ?), Richard Hart (where now ?)- how did I forget ?
Not sure about Nick Beggs- in 1980/81, I lent him the first Killing Joke LP.
He wasn't too impressed. Him and his mates were into 'heavy rock, maaan'. So they evolved into Kajagoogoo- didn't make sense. Marc Almond speaks in his earlier autobiography, 'Tainted Life' about how one night Nick Beggs tried to convert him to be a Xian. That's all you need. So saying, me and a mate spotted Beggs playing in the Howard Jones band ( yeah- I know...) in Birmingham a few years back. We went along, met up with him again after years staying clear of him, and he kept palming full bottles of whisky in our direction all night... how we got home, I'll never know... I'm sure I remember him telling me he only got in a band for the sex and the drugs... or maybe that was someone else ?
Tim Y

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: It was hiliarious ! Reply with quote

Ian Lee wrote:
Yeah, I think the Chronic Outbursts stormed an Art Noueau gig at The Bossard Hall -terrific ! They wanted to do it at the Queensway Hall, at a local bands gig, too, (13/06/81 ?) but were thwarted- shame ! And yeah, I think everyone in LB except me was in the Outbursts at one time- Daryl Forstoe (new band with Craig Hopgood, gig at The Ship, Linslade, LB, 11 September ?) Nick Hawkins- yeah, now living in LA (what, better than LB ?) Sue Limbert (moved to Middlesborough ?), Richard Hart (where now ?)- how did I forget ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: It was hiliarious ! Reply with quote

Tim Y wrote:
Ian Lee wrote:

DOH! - fat fingers Wink

What's this - the TroggMeister has a new band?? Does it involve pig's heads and policeman's helmets??
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: pigs heads Reply with quote

Speaking of pigs heads, i remember making up a stencil of a pigs head for Dave ,wearing a coppers helmet. It was spray painted all over town, including on the doors of a printer's ,opposite Homeleigh guesthouse whare we lived, and even on someone's t shirt...remember Tim ?Sergeant Barker ? Sergeant Grunter more like !? x
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Aaah me old war wound.... Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW - thanks Rick [Oldfield] for running over my leg in your van, it still hurts now!.

Well "Guest", after interrogation of said Rick Oldfield, I can now reveal your identity. You are Tim Young (the punk rocker previously known as Zit!) and yes Rick remembers the said incident (with a giggle I may add!) Rick claims that you were talking through the van window and as he went to drive off you attempted to climb in the window or hang onto the windscreen, but fell under the car - and he ran your leg over...
So I apologise of accusing you of being so drunk that you were asleep in the road.
However the incident does not seem to have traumatised Rick as much as it did you - never mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: