UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furyo Gigs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a diary entry that says I went to see Furyo at the Batcave on 7 September 1983. There was also another that I couldn't go to at the Batcave. It was on the same night as a Pogues gig and I am sure that Andy Driver went with Sue, and Jebs was also there. any more info???

bard
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that. sounds exactly right as that batcave gig would have been a month or so before the luton library gig , so albie would have remembered it for sure.

i never made the batcave , by then i'd moved up to the midlands so it was a bit much of a trek. birmingham's equivalent was the tin can club , a splendid establishment. the one "goth club" of that era i went to in London was one called the Kit Kat Club which i thought was well cool , sort of near Piccadilly i think. i was seeing this girl who was a major Sex Gang fan and dragged me down there.........what an excellent night that was Wink should have gone there more often.....

i think andy driver would be a good source for gig info , i think he probably saw most of these furyo gigs. i owe him something , when i get in touch with him i'll try to get him to fill in some of the gaps here..... p
25 years later

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Electric Ballroom gig supporting Gun Club who I was well into and saw maybe a dozen times over the years. Still vaguely remember Furio. Was actually quite disapointing after really liking UK Decay. Give them some credit, they were trying hard to sound different from the rest. But reality was an awful racket with unstructured songs that were impossible to get into. The audience reaction was quiet bemusement. Gun Club were on good form however with a great set and massive mosh that more than made up for the unfortunate Furio "experiment" earlier in the night...
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've read a few (very negative) comments about furyo's appearance with the gun club. struck me as a strange choice of band to support , they were a pretty straight rock band and furyo were anything but. mind you , not sure who would have been a good choice.........

i thought that was the final gig but i was wrong there (see gigography on another thread). so good to see it didn't end on such a low spot , although i've never heard a report from the final gig to know what that was like.

p
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok , i've put the gigography right from comments above and it currently looks like this ;

1/9/83 Marquee (with orson Family)
7/9/83 Batcave
26/10/83 Luton Library theatre (The Challenge / Tantra)
12/11/83 Marquee (GeschlechtAKT)
13/11/83 Marquee (Passchendaele / Ranking Seymour)
20/12/83 Klub Foot (Turkey Bones & His wild Dogs / Coup D'Grace)
28/12/83 Batcave
17/4/84 The Venue
28/7/84 St. Albans City Hall (New Kick / Corpaelia)
28/8/84 Brighton, Escape Club (Betrayed)
26/9/84 Marquee (Bomb Party)
2/10/84 Luton, Tropicana Beach
25/10/84 Electric Ballroom (Gun Club / Scientists)
12/1/85 Embassy Club, Bond St.

i think just a paris gig to put in there somewhere if anyone has details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: