UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

furyo on tv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: furyo on tv Reply with quote

one thing i know happened (but i missed) was that furyo got shown on local TV in the anglia region ( i think bbc not itv). a gig got recorded at the nightclub that used to be "sands" in luton and they showed one furyo track. by that time i was living in birmingham so it wasn't shown where i lived , but friends saw it and said it was good. i think the track was "the devil and the deep blue sea".

anyone see it? i suppose a video copy is too much to hope for but i can dream. this must have been 84 so i guess not many people had vids by then.

also i wonder if a video exists for any of the tracks. maybe "legacy"?

p
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Furyo on TV Reply with quote

I just posted something on this without realizing you'd already done so. The venue was Tropicana Beach, formerly Sands, and it wasn't really a proper gig. I think they just played a couple of tracks for the cameras, with the whole of alternative Luton wheeled on as audience/extras.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wen in that place for a luton college xmas disco a couple of years previously when it was sands. boy , was it crap Sad nice thought furyo livening it up a bit. so were you there? p
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: furyo on TV Reply with quote

Yes I was there, can't remember what song(s) they played. I have often wondered whether Wham's Club Tropicana was referring to this club. George Michael was a casual from Watford so he might well have been there and some of the lines are definitely relevant. It did have plastic palm trees! See also 'Saturday night beneath the plastic palm trees' by The Leyton Buzzards, although this refers to a club on Seven Sisters Road, London.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think one of the songs was "the devil and the deep blue sea" , but that's just a vague memory of what someone who saw it said to me. i'd imagined it was a whole gig they showed an excerpt from , but obviously not. be a great tape to get hold of as i guess it was the only time abbo ever got onto the tv.

any idea what the show was called? p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
just posted something on this without realizing you'd already done so. The venue was Tropicana Beach, formerly Sands, and it wasn't really a proper gig. I think they just played a couple of tracks for the cameras, with the whole of alternative Luton wheeled on as audience/extras.

Its Funny here at Aldwyck Towers right here in the Dead Centre of Luton,
looking out of the window across the street to that night club formerly
Known as Sands, Tropicana Beach (and the Ritz some years before that)
Its now known as Liquid Nightclub, where the flesh-market comes out in
droves at the weekend for the 3 'F's'.

All kinds of famous artist have actually played there including the Tamla Mowtown tour ( of what year we dont know) including The Four Tops, The Supremes and Stevie Wonder ( all in one show!) and allegedly the Beatles.

Actually i say the weekend, most of the trouble lately has been on the Monday night and has involved mainly the female gender. Honest!
(they are getting 'Hard' in Luton!)

Although I did not get to see the Furyo gig there, I do recall watching
the event on TV and would love to see it again!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
frankforthright
Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: The Ritz. Reply with quote

I used to go to the Ritz cinema. I suppose that gives my age away, but I'm too old too give a......
I remember standing in an early 60's yellow smog, opposite where our moderator has a view from the window, my mouth wrapped in an old woollen scarf, to stop my lungs burning. I think it was 3d. (old money) to see a film then. I remember the posters for The Beatles and also thwe Rolling Stones in the Town about then, but I was too young to get tyo see them. Just as well!!!!!!
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: tropicana beach Reply with quote

Yeah,

The super band "Push bar to open" did a gig there, in support of Buster blood vessle and bad manners good fun meeting buster he was big then mind you hes lookinmga lot more healthy these days great bloke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: