UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acid to Cubase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Acid to Cubase Reply with quote

Spon
I've just read the item on Acid Pro and found it quite relevant to something I'm working on.
Can music written with Acid Pro 4 be dumped track for track into Cubase (or similar) and subsequently remixed or is the entire WAV itself the only exportable item?
I'm working on music that I would like to add vocals, drums, guitars etc to but I'm not sure of the export limitations of Acid Pro 4. The ultimate goal is to remix track by track in a "proper studio."
Should I hang up Acid and switch to something else or what?

Sorry for the headache.
Excellent site by the way.

Aid. Confused
spono

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Acid Pro to cubase Reply with quote

Mr Smith wrote:
Can music written with Acid Pro 4 be dumped track for track into Cubase (or similar) and subsequently remixed or is the entire WAV itself the only exportable item?

just seen this,
its late and I will consider this tommorrow (promise!)
my initial thought is..
If you feel that your ACID created music is worth keeping
then...if you want it enough to spend a little time, you could record
every instrument as audio WAVs etc, making sure you have a universal
start position ie. bar3 of your song...write down the tempo in ACID before
you start....Label all the recorded parts....then import them into CUBASE or
LOGIC...remembering your start bar no. (Bar3 etc), ONE track at a time..and
dont forget to enter the tempo you wrote down from ACID!
You see I am not that familiar with ACID, does it supports 'OMF' file standard?
then you may be able to 'render' your ACID instruments to Audio files
within ACID itself and export the whole song to Cubase or Logic.
will have a look into this and get back to you!
Sp.
Yamon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Yes thats right. Reply with quote

It can't handle OMF file formats, only .wav's, .aiff's and it's own song format .acd.

Your suggestion is therefore the best solution. Bounce each audio track out one at a time then import into Cubase/Logic/Sonar that way. It'll take time and a shitload of H/D space but if you love the tune it's worth doing, right?
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: acid is a pain Reply with quote

Well i would'nt bother with acid its too far behind other programs and doesnt like many file types. Best to use some ting else like abelton or nuendo just my personal opinion but i find acid a real pain good lucj PJ Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: