UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Guitar audio in to Cubase SX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mervin
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Recording Guitar audio in to Cubase SX Reply with quote

I am currently trying to record my behringer v-amp through my line in on my soundcard. I get the levels all ok and recording seems to go smoothly. However when i go to play the track back i get a distorted crackling sound. I have tried adjusting the mixer levels and the inputs are set to analogue L & R but no joy. My soundcard is an Nvidia on board so not great, but i have absolutely no problems recording in to Cool Edit Pro. Can anyone help ???
cheers mervin Very Happy
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marvin
well lets see Firstly, are you sure it is the inputs causing the problem? If the input config works ok in CoolEdit, it sounds kinda odd.

Have you had a play around with the "Device Setup" - then "VST Multitrack"?

These settings will have a large impact on the quality of digital audio playback, as you can select the appropriate Drivers (check this) Number of disk buffers and also disk buffer size.

Here is a screen shot of the area you might wanna "tweak" with, you can't break anything
spono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: re crackling Reply with quote

one thing to check that the crackling is actuall recorded into your audio and is not just on your Cubase playback..suggest

1 check your vst master bus is not peaking on playback ( the red 'clip' button will be on if the signal goes over)

2 check your vst 'input bus' as you are monitoring your level make sure after you have recorded that the red 'clip' light is not on (@the 'input bus is to the left of your mixer)

3 play back the audio you recorded in cubase from cool edit

I would check these points first before changing any buffers leave that to be the last resort!

good luck! Arrow
Mervin
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: re recording guitar Reply with quote

Many thanks all,

thanks spono thats what i didnt do. seems to have sorted the problem many thanks again dude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: