UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma Sutra
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyhippy
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Karma Sutra Reply with quote

Good old Karma Sutra! What a great post-Crass anarch-punk band they were! I first met them through the Hunt Sabs and went to a gig at the crypt under a church in St.Albans (with Black Mass if I remember rightly) and I was hooked. I was one of a small group of friends of the band who hopped into the Beehire van, carried equipment and went to most of their gigs and it was a wonderfull time. I haven't a bloody clue WHERE I've been because during that time I unfortunately kept no diary. Seems like almost every town in the UK. I shared a house with John Dickie for a few years at the start of the nineties, but have since lost touch with all but Lil and Grey who I occasionally see wheeling their kids about . I heard a rumour that Dave Commodity lives in Milton Keynes. Anyone else out there remember them?
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: 'Karma' Reply with quote

'Karma'

Ah yes! Many tours an Album and close associations with 'Chumbawumba' who remarkablly were in the charts a year or two back! These 'Anarcho-Pacifist', Luton band self-produced an Album 'Daydreams of a Production line worker' ( I think!)

Memories of a 7 hour 'strip-search' at Basel in Switzerland whereby the customs officers couldnt find any evidence of 'Drugs or Terrorism' decided to confiscate the bands 100 copies of their own Album! which they were taking with them on their journey to Italy to help subsidise their tour! What rotten sods! because of a technicallity!

'Karma' were the 'offspring' to 'The Phallic Symbols' with 'Dave Commodity' ( where are you now!) and in a way carried on the 'legacy' of the movement that was born in Luton following the visit to the town of 'Anarcho supremists' 'Crass' and 'the Poison Girls' ( as well as UK Decay) who played at the 'Nissan Hut' at Marsh Farm in December 1979

'Karma Sutra' were trully Legendery!

Idea Idea Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah,John Dickie. Where is he now? Does anyone know his whereabouts. Who remembers the "Is that my Giro?" story?
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: re j.d. Reply with quote

He is a freemason now and he works for some dodgy goverment organisation! Laughing

Last edited by PJ on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard of Dave he was working as assistant producer for Blue Peter or something like that, he gave me a Blue Peter badge!

Paul Goodwin - what ever happened to him

... and Jay???
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Karma Sutra Reply with quote

Hello Tony, Bugsy and all, I haven't seen any of the Karma crew for ages, but their reputation lives on. I was speaking to Jon from Active Distribution the other day and he says that there are two separate punk labels thinking of re-releasing the Karma Sutra album Also, the latest issue of Profane Existence, US punkzine, includes a CD with a Karma Sutra track on it - called 'Poll Tax' I think.
de@BitterSweet Embrace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Karma Sutra Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
there are two separate punk labels thinking of re-releasing the Karma Sutra album Also, the latest issue of Profane Existence, US punkzine, includes a CD with a Karma Sutra track on it - called 'Poll Tax' I think.

Well Poll Tax is on the Profane Existence 15 Year Anniversary cd that came with the zine. I know this because I had it, and
It's Our World Too and How the Other Half Die are on a Mortahate compilation.
Now that I'm thinking of it possibly Daydreams of a Production Line Worker cd (um...if it was made Confused sorry I'm old and senile) might have been available from Anok and Peace Confused
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Karma Sutra Reply with quote

Well I was at the anarchist bookfair in London last week and Jon from Active Distribution told me that a German label who were planning to put the album out on vinyl have gone bust. Jon would probably be up for sticking it out on CD if anybody offered to help get it together. Any takers get in touch and I will speak to him more about it. I have an old demo tape of theirs and also came across one in my box of mouldy old tapes by Dominant Patri, another band in that scene.

Neil (not Neil that was in KS)
de@BitterSweet Embrace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Karma Sutra Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
I have an old demo tape of theirs and also came across one in my box of mouldy old tapes by Dominant Patri, another band in that scene.

Neil (not Neil that was in KS)

Unfortunately no 12"vinyl or tapes here, but I've mp3's of Daydreams of a Production Line Worker along with (Poll Tax from Profane Existence and singles from the Mortarhate compilation We Won't Take No More) if that is any help to anybody...... Confused
Justin/Bedford

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Karma Dave and the corporate machine. Reply with quote

I saw Karma Sutra on a host of occasions, Dave copied my fanzine `Eroded Freedom` for me for nothing. As i flicked through some copies, I noticed that he had written inside several, `This fanzine was copied for free, not all capitalist wear pin stripe shirts`. I thought that was quite funny, and typical of him. I saw Karma Sutra play for the first time at the Horse and Groom in Bedford, after that, I saw them play regularly at Blockers, Charlie Browns, etc. They more or less always played the same songs, and did a great version of `Blowing In The Wind`. I did have quite a few live tapes of them (now gone). I got hold of their demo, which was very poor and weak. A few years later, I got hold of their album, and thought it was absolute shit. Complete head up your own backside nonsense. They must have been very heavilly influenced by Chumbawamba, as they completely lost their punk edge, and went in for flutes, and such bollocks. I find it interesting that no one has kept in touch with Dave Commidity. Could it be that hes sold his soul to the devil and has become the capitalist in a pin stripe suit that he once despised.` You talk of revoultion ......` etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: