UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malc38

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: new here Reply with quote

Wow, just found this site!, about time there is some appreciation of UK Decay on the internet. I was a fan back then and still am know, even after all these years werewolf never fails to send shivers down my spine. Only got to see the band once supporting Theatre of hate in Leicester which was a great show. There were so many good bands arround that time, my personal fvs Sex Gang Children, Danse Society, Under Two Flags, Xmal Deutschland, Southern Death Cult, Blood And Roses, etc etc..... Lets hope we can get an official cd release of For Madmen Only + all the singles as i dont think my vinyll can last much longer Laughing I see Mick Mercer is signed up here, if youre reading this Mick well done for giving the John Foxx era Ultravox! credit in your 2nd goth book, for anyone who hasnt heard them the 3 albums they recorded are up there with any top album you can name.

cheers for now
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Welcome 'malc38' Reply with quote

Welcome 'malc38'
Great to see you here!
One quick question if we may ask..

can you remember when you saw UK Decay and Theatre of hate in Leicester ?
its been a long time and dont worry if you cant..theres no harming in asking is there!

we are trying to 'peice together' a 'gig list' and if we can pinpoint this it would help us!
We are now seriously working on getting UK Decay released on CD and who knows DVD.

So ...watch this space!! Rolling Eyes Arrow Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was at that too , it was 13.3.82. we went on a coach trip from dunstable that picked up a big gang in bedford. great crack. ukdk were first on , the meteors second then TOH.

i've even got 4 photos from this gig!

p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: you say you got some photos? Reply with quote

you say you got some photos? !
Were any of the photos of UK Decay playing?
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah , too right! 2 of abbo , one each of spon and eddie. could scan these for you no problem. sadly they're the only ukdk photos i ever got as i never had much of a camera at that point.

do have a few furyo and in excelsis ones too though Very Happy

give me yr e-mail address and i'll get these to you next week. my promise to post you those scans of clippings still stands , but you havn't given me yr address yet......

p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Live Photo's Reply with quote

Live Photo's

Yes Paul, like yourself we 'didnt do' cameras very much back then! it was all a bit hectic!

Any Live photo's of 'UK Decay' that you or anyone else has, that could be copied or scaned and send to us would be really apreciated! It would be nice to post them up in our 'Gallery' providing they meet up with a reasonable criteria. Of course if neccessary you will be properlly credited.
( .JPG's or Gif around 100k to 200k aprox size would be nice)

further info or post to

werewolf@ukdecay.co.uk
ps also needed are 'Furyo' and 'In Excelsis' pics, press, reviews etc.

malc38

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paul i couldn't remember the date of the gig, im sure the tour though was the westworld tour correct me if im wrong. I do remember wishing two songs into The Meteors set that UK Decay should come back on quick Laughing
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the meteors had a really hardcore following but never did much for me. i had a chat with abbo while they were playing! i suppose this must have been around the time of "westworld" as it was a big venue and i guess they only got big after that hit. i liked the early singles but i wasn't a huge fan.

TOH also had this really macho following , i did laugh when it turned out kirk brandon was sharing a bed with boy george at the time and the song "original sin" was about his love for him. bet a few of those old psychobillies choked on their cornflakes when they read about that Wink

p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Theatre of Hate Reply with quote

Theatre of Hate

yes Uk Decay played a number of gigs with 'Theatre of Hate' in early eighty two.
Have just found two backstage passes, both for London 'Straight Music Events' which were for gigs that 'Decay' played with Theatre of Hate...click here to view
Quote:
TOH also had this really macho following , i did laugh when it turned out kirk brandon was sharing a bed with boy george at the time and the song "original sin" was about his love for him. bet a few of those old psychobillies choked on their cornflakes when they read about that

That would explain the disapearance of said psychobillies a couple of years later!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

DJ TRON

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: HI Reply with quote

HI SPON.

http://www.geocities.com/luton758/ALLSORTS.html

BANNER COMING.

BE COOL

lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: