UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

terrible problem with albeton and cubase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budgiemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: terrible problem with albeton and cubase Reply with quote

Dear pj or sponnon
I have been having a terrible nightmare trying to get cubase, reason and albeton all running together it keeps telling me i have run out of tracks
I have uninstalled, installed in a different order but it doesnt make any difference! ..please someone help me
I think its something to do with rewire but i dont know how to get to that.
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: re rewire Reply with quote

Hello Budgymax,

I think your problem could well be rewire, I Had the same problem myself, Abelton live installs its own rewire which conflicts with the cubase reason, When using cubase call up rewire under devices look in devices you may have an abelton and a reason rewire in there. open both and have a lookturn on channels in both and left and right mix in reason this sould be working ok. Also check you plugins sometimes they can cause a problem. Let me know how you get on and if it sorts problem.
ok cu laters Very Happy
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewire Issues and Successes I was hoping SX could do a better rewire than Logic. Guess what. It can.thank god cause im not using logic, Things are still a little rough around the edges. Cubase goes to Reason's tempo sometimes when you start out (it's supposed to be the other way?). Sometimes audio cuts out in SX when you touch a reason screen. Rebooting fixes that. If the secondary rewire application crashes, Cubase doesn't know about it and you can't exit unless you forcibly kill it with the Windows task manager. But it is much better than 1.01 where I had a situation where the SX mixer popped out bass plosives while the rest of the reason track sounded "tinny". In version 1.02 Reason comes up after about 10-15 seconds. Big improvement over 1.0.1. One very COOL thing about using Reason in SX is that you CAN play the Reason synths and drums and Dr Rex right from the MIDI keyboard in SX. That's ReWire 2 talkin'. Latency? It's FINE! I've been trippin' out dialing up Subtractor patches, playing them, quantizing and effecting in SX. Reason Lovers, take note.
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: abelton Reply with quote

More Good news on the Rewire front is that the Ableton Live (V 1.51) is working well with SX. The Loops are locking tight to tempo and there is just a little "operational lag" with mouse moves and screen updates. So cool, there are 12 stereo busses in the Live which correspond to 12 busses in SX's mixer. Assign those to all your audio outs and you can get a killer mix. I'll be playing with that setup again! This gives SX the powers that Sonar users have with loops. The only glitch is entirely Ableton's fault, the program insists on being on the left video monitor in a 2 monitor system. But that's no biggie. I give SX/Live 2 thumbs up
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: rewire explained Reply with quote

Rewire was developed by Steinberg and Propellerheads software. It is a method of transferring audio data in real time from one application to another. Imagine a big cable stretching from one program to another. That is essentially what ReWire is. ReWire allows up to 64 channels of audio at practically any sample rate. When 2 applications are "rewired" their transports are synchronized. The audio data from the "slave" rewire application will play through the "Master" rewire application, and the audio can be further processed with plugins then mixed down to audio tracks or master wav files.
budgiemax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: thank you pj Reply with quote

I should have pointed out that I was using cubase Vst 32 and not SX.
I have a chance of buying SX2 soon so hopefully that will sort it.

Which leads me to another question, will cubase SX run on win98?
most people say it doesnt but I have heard that some have got it going.

cheers PJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could run it but i wouldnt recomend it, you need plenty of power for that.
budgiemax

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Hey PJ its running a peach Reply with quote

Yea PJ/spono
After biting the bullet and installing windows Xp on my system,I have now got the KX drivers for my Soundblaster card all up and running. but the main thing is I have now got Cubasesx and reason and albeton, all running together!
i followed your xp tuning tips and seem to have really good performance up to a point, but one thing, I dont seem to be able to run as many VST instraments and effects as I used too?
have i got something wrong?
Everything else seems too run really well albeton on its own runs superblly and even with cubase and a couple of synths but if i put one thing too many it starts to Fluff up!
But its all running a lot better just got to learn cubase all over again! any quick tips converting from Cubase VST32 to Cubase SX?
cheers PJ
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows your computer budgie max did you upgrade it yet ? software constantly demands new hardware to cope with it otherwise you have to turn everthing else off and hope you have enough power left to run your music programs dont open to many synths at once other wise youre processor will be struggling , see ya soon PJ Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: