UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Decay - 2 song rehearsal tape: information wanted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: UK Decay - 2 song rehearsal tape: information wanted... Reply with quote

Back in 1980 (when I was 12!) I had a 2 song rehearsal tape by UK Deacy that featured 'Necrophilia' and 'Rising from the Dead'. It was recorded in a rehearsal room (judging by the sound quality) and I got it from a man called Tony Medleycott who produced a fanzine called 'Aftermath' (London)...

Can anyone shed any light on its provenance (such as where it was recorded)?
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a rehearsal version of necrophilia would be really interesting as that track never got done in a studio. you still got it? be great to hear that , maybe werewolf could strema it on the site? p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: 'Necrophilia' and 'Rising from the Dead' Reply with quote

'Necrophilia' and 'Rising from the Dead'

These sound like early rehearsal ie probablly 1979 but could have
been 1980
As Paul mentioned ''Necrophilia' never made it into the studio!
The tapes could have been recorded in one of 4 places:-
Welly street basement
Matrix record shop
33 arts centre
or possiblly Barbers lane Studio

It may be possible to work out when the 'UKDK' interview
in 'Aftermath' came out its possible it was recorded around
or just before that time.

As far as Pauls question about streaming
Thats a possibility but we would have to hear them first!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
drele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: UK Decay Rehearsel Tape Reply with quote

During 1981 I too came by this tape that the guy from "Aftermath" recorded. My copy of a copy was pretty rough, but I was given it by a guy called Pete who did an anarchist fanzine in Stevenage called "Protest". He told me it was recorded in the basement at Wellington Street, and the version I had was complete with about twelve tracks, including "Necrophilia", "Carcrash", "Christian Disguise", "Middle of the Road Man" etc. Alas !!! I lost this tape near eighteen years ago and have always been haunted by the fact...cos of course "Necrophilia" is one of THE best Decay songs of that Segovia period (I fink the best, non-arty time) and its great to hear that at least someone else still remembers its existence!

Now where is Tony Aftermath??????
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow , a copy of that tape would be quite a find. i've heard a few unreleased tracks on live tapes but never "christian disguise" ; was that one any good? loads of live bootlegs used to do the rounds but i never saw any sort of demo / rehearsal tapes. be great to hear this lot sometime. p
Nic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish I had the cassette still! Unfortunately the years mean that it has vanished somewhere along the way...'Necrophilia' was a great song! My friend Rat and I used to listen to it a lot: we formed our group called Napalm Death in 1981 and the tape inspired us to write a track called 'The Doomsday Cometh'...it sounded a lot different to the way we turned out later! hehehe...

The Peat that drele mentions was 'Peat Protest' of 'Protest' fanzine (from Stevenage). He was in a group called Primal Chaos (I had 2 'rehearsal demos' by them - they featured a drummer who later went on to drum in the London group Faction) and went on to be a vocalist in The Assassins of Hope in London. I saw them a couple of times in London in 1982 at the Centro Iberico anarchist squat centre with people like The Apostles, Riot/Clone and Omega Tribe....ah, reckless youth! hehehe...

'Aftermath' was a great little fanzine and Tony Medleycott was a very nice and enthusiastic man. Reading it turned me on to all kinds of music - I remember writing to The Subhumans for a rehearsal tape before they'd made any records as a result of a little side bar in the magazine...

Does someone somewhere have all of this stuff sitting in boxes in their attic? hehehe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: