UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FURYO VIDEO...."Squeezebox" 1984 Video Stills

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Furyo at Tropicana Beach Reply with quote

...on Tuesday 2 October 1984....yeah, I was there, Werewolf. I got a lift to Luton from Anne Shingler- along with her brother Andy and his wife Jane... Furyo did four takes of one number (Exodus, I guess), miming for the cameras. Then afterwards, about five live numbers (not filmed). Booze was 50p/pint this night at this dangerously straight and trendy nightclub. The event ended at 9.30pm, at which point we all headed up The Blockers (for some good beer.....)

The BBC broadcast it exactly 3 weeks later, on 23 October 1984, on the 'Spectrum' programme- not 'Squeezebox'.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this video is excellent stuff , the only time any of uk decay / furyo / in excelsis got on the telly so savour it well!

i was sitting watching this the other day and my wife walked in , took a look and said (seriously) "so is this uk decay's new romantic era then?" Smile

what can you say?

pedantic note ; this was a series of arts shows called spectrum , where (i guess) they showed a few different shows in rotation. the one furyo were on was definitely called Squeezebox. the presenter was one cool dude.....

p
Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's hilarious.... I had forgotten about Furyo.... We (Passchendale) at the marquee and our guitarist had a problem with his guitar (I told him to solder it the day before) and he had to borrow a guitar from the Furyo guitarist. He thrashed it so hard I think the poor bloke wound up with a set of broken strings halfway through the Furyo set!

Ah those were the days...
lutonabbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Video ? Reply with quote

God , I had forgotten about that TV show , for some reason (?!) Wouldn't mind getting a copy of it , must be a bit of a larf

lutonabbo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: