UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passchendale and The Party Girls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Party Girls at the Library Theatre"

It wasn't me. Anyway, weren't they supporting Chumbawamba that night - and there was Karma Sutra and... er... memory fades...
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you may be right there D. I played there too, with Remnants. It's been bugging me for all those years since. Was it Chumbawumba?
If it was, then I think I've got a tape of them from the night. Might be worth some loot now they're famoose Very Happy
blinkpoker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugsy your memory is obviously fading with age when we played the library theatre with remnants it was with karma sutra and headlining was anti- sect Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must've been pissed. I won't bother digging the tape out then. Thanks Blink, you've saved me a trip up into the loft. Very Happy
D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you played the Library Theatre more than once?

I've just done a search and found this about Chumbawamba on www.kipuka.net/chumba/gigs/gig1.html

"102. THU MAY 30TH: LUTON - LIBRARY THEATRE, a Luton Hunt Saboteurs' benefit with No Defences, Karma Sutre."
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were at least two separate gigs at the Library Theatre round this time, one with Chumba, Karma and No Defences. Can't remember who Party Girls played with - was it Corpaelia, and maybe Karma too.
blinkpoker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember the rattlesnakes and bone orchid i think the party girls could of played this as well Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Party Girls playing with Karma at the squat gig in Dunstable Road in the old TUC Unemployed Workers Centre - there was another band too but I can't remember who.

I can also remember a band called Thrilled Skinny who were from near Luton, playing at The Switch when it had moved to Dunstable Road a few years later.

In fact, now I remember Click Click, Karma and Party Girls did a gig for the unemployed workers centre at Luton Tech, and The Switch did the disco.
Alan
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Bone Orchard Reply with quote

Bone Orchard came from the south coast , I went out with the singer Chrissy McGee for about a year,while she lived in Luton & New York, (another relationship I f*cked up).Top Girl.
Ghosts from the past!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink how you doing mate, Bauhaus... hello. Alan? From Hockwell Ring?

A few answers, yes Paul Mitchell was Passchendale's first vocalist, Nicky Stewart (one of the very nicest people I ever met to date) moved to Stoke with his girlfriend (Cathy I think). Nick and I (and others) lived in B&B in the big hotel (can't remember the name right now) and we had some mental times around then... (went to see exorcist 1 & 2 in the ABC on acid... then sat in the street outside the hotel too scared of each other and the hotel to go in!)

Paul Wilson also sang with us... just after he had been quite ill... he moved to London and worked for a graphic design company I think...

Personally I had kids gave up smack and got the hell out of dodge. I still see Tibor on a regular basis, in fact we are meeting up to go to the Moto GP next month. Saw Ray Philpot in Crystal Palace (where I live) a few years back... took his number and then lost it... he was also living here and was playing in a band still with Johnny G...

Darren I lost track of but jeard of his DJing success (well done mate)... I used to give him a bad time... I almost feel bad!

I know Pat Keating is still in Eire. I sent him some pot a few years back. He;'s in touch with Tibor sporadicaly.

I will post some old photos when I have the chance.. I have pics from the Paris adventure and from the Marquee with Furyo...

I have to say it would be something to hear from any of the other band members... excpet John! (Joke)

Or just about anyone esle in fact... Spon saw him a few times... exoduc parties (I managed a few before they imploded) Spon's crap at keeping in touch!

Blah blah blah!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: