UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Luton Late 60's early 70's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaliman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Luton Late 60's early 70's Reply with quote

I lived in Luton the from 1968 to 1972. There was no music scene except those bands who came through like Peter Hammill and Arthur Brown. If you were a young teenager there was nothing to do. So it was not the worst town in the UK but it had to be one of the most boring.

I left Luton in '72 and my family moved to Los Angeles which was a whole different situation. Punk did not hit LA until 1977 - I started my own band, Nervous Gender, in 1978. It was a cross between Industrial and punk with some death rock thrown in.

I was given UK Decay info by someone looking to buy one of our CD's. They said I would probably like the band especially since you were from Luton. I listened and have to say I really enjoyed the music.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Ex Lutonian Reply with quote

It's always interesting getting responses from ex-Lutonians.
Welcome Mr. kaliman, What part of Luton did you live in?

and How did it effect your life (if it did!)?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: bad card Reply with quote

Who got the cali weed me na got none everyman
kaliman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: under the influence Reply with quote

[SS treatment early in the morning, religious instructions with Christian guilt, while they play on bleeding knees they will suck your will until it's dry. Cardinal Newman is my savior, Sister Gabrial is a horny bitch - Nervous Gender lyrics]

To answer your first question I lived in Burry Park and went to Cardinal Newman. I also spent a lot of time in Sondon Park.

Had a sister who lived in London so I hung out there on the weekends. It was not just living in Luton that affected me as an artist, but living in Luton and going to a Catholic school. The oppression, disrespect and totally ludicrious expectations were enough to make one see life through a twisted looking glass. The hypocrasy and affectation of normalcy fed a need I had to create art and music.

When I travelled to the US I met others who came from similar Christian working class demented backgrounds. So as I hung out with Rozz of Christian Death and others kindred souls my music reflected my life experience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: