UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oxford mental mob
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blink poker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: oxford mental mob Reply with quote

how come no ones mentioned the oxford metal mob who used to follow decay around during there last couple of years... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: oxford Reply with quote

Ah yes i remember them, those twins, always fighting and stuff. Hardcore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: mental mob Reply with quote

they were really mental
micheal and his mad brother..Decay tatoos on his head and in his mouth.
where are they now?
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Oxford Mental Mob Reply with quote

They were totally mental. If I recall, they seemed to only start watch Decay after Twiggy joined...
They would whack anyone including other Decay fans. If they couldn't find anyone else to fight, they would start fighting each other.

I remember them having a go at Mad at the ZigZag club - obviously brain-dead as well as Mental. Though I'm sure they were very nice individuals...
dottie
Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: oxford mental mob Reply with quote

Yes I remember it like an acid enduced flashback. I have strange dreams where i think did that really happen??
Even though punk was thriving in oxford with the oranges and lemons where UKDK played twice I think. I also think there was some trouble (as there often was) with the Luton posse. The oranges shut down the last act was john otway supported by Cremation Examples. The hardcore of punks then moved to bonn square in the town centre. A lot of us were well into the band prior to O.M.M. A dozen or so of us would catch the bus to Aylesbury, Northampton, High Wycombe, London and further afield too.....up north, plymouth, futurama etc. The Oxford Mental Mob actually came about by accident in June '81 during the Apocolypse Now Tour the superb anarchic Discharge, the comic pathetic Exploited, the under rated Anti Pasti and the instantly forgettable Chron Gen.
I cannot tell you how many times I've seen uck duck or even where as some of the gigs blur into each other. But to answer annee's theory that the omm only came on the scene near the end is false. I know Mik went everywhere to see them even before twiggy joined including europe.
Can someone please do a list of all the gigs?? That way I might be able to remember what I was doing in my youth.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Pics of the 'OMM' (oxford mental mob) Reply with quote

Pics of the 'OMM' (oxford mental mob)

'P'nut's' Leather Jacket; view larger image

'P'nut' getting down to business!; view larger image

pictures courtesy of 'Dottie'

Have you got any pics of the 'notorious OMM'?

If so in the first instance please email me here.....
werewolf@ukdecay.co.uk

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Brian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: OMM update Reply with quote

Mick and Geoff (the twins) are hale and hearty and spend their time split between Oxford and Spain whilst running a security firm covering doors and providing personal security to the music industry,notably Sepultura and Libertines.You're quite correct in supposing they're nice blokes,I see them in the pub reguarly and they're still UK Decay fans.

Dottie-You must know Payney & Duncan et al.
dottie
Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure do. We have been mates for nearly 30 years. We grew up in Kidlington together and started a band called Krap Not Pu (Upton Park backwards) then formed the infamous Cremation Examples.
Who is this?
bonzi old punx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: hello oxford mental mob Reply with quote

hello i knew you all well, many years ago, i used to be a regular at the oranges and lemons, saw uk decay there, i still keep in contact with many of the aylesbury lot, yet i still go to punk gigs, im 44 now, married with 2 daughters. remember us lot meeting at roadmender northampton, i ended up djing there til it closed dec 2005, have dj'd with many a good band. im still into the punk scene, never stopped going to gigs, if you see the twins say hi.

all the best
bonzi
bonzioldpunx@hotmail.co.uk
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: where are oxford lot now Reply with quote

so wheres peanut and everyone, what you up to now, i remember dottie, last time we were over oxford was for zodiac mindwarp at some uni.
glad to hear the twins are busy and still about. vomit said to say hi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: