UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oxford mental mob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Other UK Decay websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dottie
Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: oxford mental mob Reply with quote

Yes I remember it like an acid enduced flashback. I have strange dreams where i think did that really happen??
Even though punk was thriving in oxford with the oranges and lemons where UKDK played twice I think. I also think there was some trouble (as there often was) with the Luton posse. The oranges shut down the last act was john otway supported by Cremation Examples. The hardcore of punks then moved to bonn square in the town centre. A lot of us were well into the band prior to O.M.M. A dozen or so of us would catch the bus to Aylesbury, Northampton, High Wycombe, London and further afield too.....up north, plymouth, futurama etc. The Oxford Mental Mob actually came about by accident in June '81 during the Apocolypse Now Tour the superb anarchic Discharge, the comic pathetic Exploited, the under rated Anti Pasti and the instantly forgettable Chron Gen.
I cannot tell you how many times I've seen uck duck or even where as some of the gigs blur into each other. But to answer annee's theory that the omm only came on the scene near the end is false. I know Mik went everywhere to see them even before twiggy joined including europe.
Can someone please do a list of all the gigs?? That way I might be able to remember what I was doing in my youth.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Gig list Reply with quote

Gig list
Quote:
Can someone please do a list of all the gigs?? That way I might be able to remember what I was doing in my youth.

Thanks and Welcome! Dottie

Thats a wonderfull idea! The late Steve Harle is rumoured to have kept a
list of all the Gigs that UK Decay played. We don't know what has become of that!
IA definative 'UK Decay' gig-listwould be a nice thing to have available and
although it has been talked about before, it would take the job of a detective
and many hours if not months or years, to work out!
Perhaps we could make it inter-active!
That is perhaps from mid '79' to the end of 1982 have an online Yearly Diary
and let folk, fill it in!
Now there's an idea!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Will look into it!

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: hello dotti Reply with quote

i remember you. hope your well, oranges and lemons was a great pub, me and vomit started going there early 1978, saw uk decay there twice in sure, still got the split single. they had some good bands remember seeing generation x for about £2. local band first offence were good also bands like k9s from reading were good. we used to go to a punk shop called razors, i got on with the owner.
met the twins back then they were too young to get in pub. didnt take long to get to know the oxford lot, peanut ,les belcher. i got on with the skinheads at the oranges, sometimes we would stay at there houses.

i keep in contact with vomit but sadly she has problems, wont go out.
mandy is married with a daughter. des lives in germany.
i still go to punk gigs.
all the best
bonzi.
bonzi@fsmail.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Other UK Decay websites All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: