UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where are you now and what you up to?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: where are you now and what you up to? Reply with quote

this comes up a lot, people loose contact, and wonder where are they now?

im bonzi used to live in aylesbury, got on with most punks in the surrounding areas from 1978 to 1980's. i still keep in touch with vomit and mandy and des. sadly they dont go to gigs anymore. i got married in 1984 and still together now have 2 daughters 14 and 17, ones a goth.moved from aylesbury 1990 to northampton then market harborough.
i still go to punk gigs, somethings habits are hard to change, never really stopped going, i have dj'd at punkaid, and roadmender till it closed in dec 2005. In northampton we have punk bands now and then, the scene is alive and kicking. time to search
does anyone know jo smith from hemel hempstead, lost contact years ago. tez from dunstable? all the lot from leighton buzzard.

anyway maybe this topic could get a few lost friends together. Cool
bonzioldpunx@hotmail.co.uk
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: morning ! Reply with quote

hello Bonzi,
Glad to hear you're still rockin'. and Aidan ! What happened to Brick red from Aylesbury? last time i saw him was in the grapes, looking like steve strange ! My mum remembers you from stoke mandeville and says hi......x.
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

i left aylesbury in 1990. i keep in contact with vomit, mandy. aiden moved away he was with the riffs and left, hear hes settled down and happy. brick is probabily still drinking at the steeplechase pub southcourt.not seen him since early 1980s. john otway is doing a free gig in the market square august bank holiday sunday. maybe see a few old faces, if we recognise each other. i still go to punk gigs, yet look more like a biker (im not). cropped grey hair (not fallen out) ponytail. covered in tattoos, and bigger belly. im trying to remember you and your mum.
it was fun working at stoke mandeville hosp. not many jobs let you have purple hair.
sure you would find some old faces down the ship in aylesbury. were all in our 40s. fancy a game of bingo Laughing
JAY WOLFENDALE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: greetings Reply with quote

hello bonzi,
my mum was a doctor in the nuffield lab. There's a pic of you me and tim young singing with battery park in the lu7 bands pics on the home page bottom right....whatever happened to mark and simon, they threw up all over my bedroom once ..........J x.
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

trying to think of which mark and simon.
simon cockette (tall blonde cropped hair) dont know what happened to him, he pissed me off.
mark dissapeared, sure he lived on the canel.
they slowly dissapeared, some got into crass, who i hated, anarchy would happen 1984, im sure was their belief. nothing changed. most of the punks into them were glue sniffers.crusty punks.( my opinion).
i suppose i got into the oi scene, but still saw uk subs and similar.
just seemed like punks split into different groups. i was never that political.
just wanted to have fun.
i have lots of punk photos, shame i never seemed to take pics at gigs, i was always jumping about down the front. sadly cant do that anymore.
where you living now? im always in npton.

bonzi@fsmail.net
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: punks Reply with quote

Hi Bonzi, yes that would be them.
Me too, never liked crass and co.(though i did see them at the 100 club with annie anxiety) seemed like a nasty little political extension that threatened to kill punk off for good. Happily it didn't. Didn't do politics and never liked being told what to think, whether by authority or by some group. Wasn't that part of punk or did i miss something ? About the only thing i did like from all that was the Zounds EP with subvert on it. Good lyric, 'If you are a policeman you don't have to arrest me'.....My idea of punk. I still think the same. I look relatively normal these days. Good disguise........J x.
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

i still look different, covered in tattoos, no1 cut and ponytail. im looking for lots of old friends, nice to here from anyone, and what your up to now.

wheres tez from dunstable?
think i remember annee, anyone know jo smith from hemel hempstead?
a lot of us knew each other to say hi to at gigs, lots of punks used to stay at my house, better than being arrested by the police for being a punk.
many a night was spent in the cells in aylesbury, and for no reason at all.
(i never got caught for the bad stuff).

lots of people always wonder where old mates are, through this i have found a few.
TimY

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: greetings Reply with quote

JAY WOLFENDALE wrote:
hello bonzi,
my mum was a doctor in the nuffield lab. There's a pic of you me and tim young singing with battery park in the lu7 bands pics on the home page bottom right....whatever happened to mark and simon, they threw up all over my bedroom once ..........J x.

Hi there Bonzi, last time I saw you was in the hospital, you wheeled me down for my op!

Watch out for me in Harborough, I'm occasionally seen driving the 18 from Kettering.

Saw Otway at the leisure centre, not overly impressed with Otway any more, but Wilko Johnson blew me away!

Jay - I wasn't singing, I was shouting!
jay w

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was i, looks good though doesn't it Tim, that's all i was ever bothered about, being a tart and all. Send me an email........x
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello tim, must of been early days at the hosp wheeling you to the op theatre, i ended up as darkroom technician. i miss working at the hosp, it was fun.
what do you do in kettering? thats 8 miles from where i live, i missed jon otway at leisure centre, hes doing a free gig in august in aylesbury market square, will be a good get together. bit like the one in 1979.
check out my . www.myspace.com/bonzioldpunx.

subhumans at racehorse pub abington square ,northampton monday 29th may. tickets on door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: