UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chavs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean but there's nothing inevitable about resisting fascism through being British. If Germany had invaded, King George would have been back on the throne and there would have been collaboration and all the rest of it like there was in France and Italy. Part of this "moderate" tradition comes from having the empire and then the post war boom, which meant there was no "need" to resort to extremism. But what would happen under a Labour government with unemployment at six million and hyper-inflation?

(As for there "never" being a strong far-right movement in the UK, the BUF in the 30's was starting to become a significant force, as was the NF in the 77's, when they were starting to come third in elections.)

Most people prefer smooth talking Tory scum like Cameron or even Thatcher to out and out nazis, but that doesn't mean they cannot be pulled to them in times of crisis.

Going back to Chavs... whether this is relevant or not - wasn't it the case that even at the height of Thatcherism, most Sun readers were Labour voters?
Nuzz
Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can never be complacent about the rise in fascism, because it comes in many forms. For example The English Democrats a party proporting to be "Putting England First" are standing in local council elections in my area. With the World Cup coming soon lets remember;Nationalism too can be a dangerous thing, thats were the seeds of the more extremist far right parties are sown.

'Evil will triumph if good chavs do nothing'
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's important not to be complacent and think that it can never happen in the UK, and the World Cup thing makes it harder because so many people get caught up with being proud of "their" country, forgetting about, say, NHS cuts and attacks on civil liberties and only getting passionate about Waynezzzz foot... zzzz

BTW Nuzz, I think the "good men do nothing quote" is from Primo Levi? One of the many important things that come out of his memoirs is that it's important to identify exactly what fascism is in the first place. It's not just someone being authoritarian and nasty (e.g. Thatcher) but something far, far worse. When I read "If this is a man..." I think it's called, it was such a powerful and haunting book, I found myself looking at the floor when I was out walking, hoping to find something of value... At least we don't live in those times - for the moment at least.
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like everyone has there own idea of chavs, you either like them or you dont, as long as they leave me alone im not bothered with them.
you get chavs all over the world i would have thought. its just a fashion.
jimmy saville was the first chav.
there are chav books.
Nuzz
Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chavs are Blairs 'underclass' something for society to look down on, to make us feel better about our own lives.
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which other countries have chavs? I was going to say there are none here in Italy but then I think the equivalent would be people from the south of Italy who are considered vulgar and stupid but flashy and proud. However, this has been a racial thing in Italy with discrimination against people from the south in general and stereotyping, whereas I don't think it's a regional thing in the UK is it?
Nuzz
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I dont live in Barking, what were they thinking, bloody chavs.
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't think there was too much thinking - more a reaction against the corruption of the mainstream parties. BNP councillors don't tend to last very long, either resigning because council business is too complicated for them, or ending up in prison for assault...

It's important for those who do live in Barking to show people that the BNP aren't some sort of "golden age Merry England" pressure group but out and out nazi's and thugs. Also, they're not the biggest party so we shouldn't over-estimate their importance - however racist attacks do tend to rise in areas where the BNP have councilllors.

BTW: Where does chav culture fit into the masterplan of the master race?
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: its a chavasty Reply with quote

Chavs Defined
Monday 23rd May 2005.

1. What do you call a Chav in a box? Innit. 2. What do you call a Chav in a filing cabinet? Sorted 3. What do you call a Chav in a box with a lock on it? Safe. 4. What do you call an Eskimo Chav? Innuinnit. 5. Why are Chavs like slinkies? They have no real use but it’s great to watch one fall down a flight of stairs. 6. What do you call a Chavette in a white tracksuit? The bride. 7. You’re in your car and you see a Chav on a bike, why should you try not to hit him? It might be your bike. 8. What’s the difference between a Chav and a coconut? One’s thick and hairy, the other’s a coconut. 9. What’s the first question at a Chav quiz night? What you lookin’ at?" 10. How do you get 100 Chavs into a phone box? Paint three stripes on it. 11. Two Chavs in a car without any music. Who’s driving? The police 12. What do you call a chav with 9 GCSE’s? A liar. 13. What do you say to a chav with a job? Can I have a big mac please 14. What do you say to a chav in a suit?Will the defendant please stand. 15. What do u call a knife in chav-ville? Exhibit A 16. Why is 3 chavs going over a cliff in a Nova a shame? A Nova seats 4 17. What do you call a 30 year old chavette? Granny. 18. How many chavs does it take to change a lightbulb? One, they’ll screw anything. 19. What do you call 100 chavs at the bottom of a river? A start. 20. How many chavs does it take to clean a floor?None, "That’s some uvver bleeders job innit." 21. Why did the chav take a shower? He didn’t mean to, he just forgot to close the Nova’s window in the car wash 22. Why did the Chav cross the road? To start a fight with a random stranger for no reason whatsoever. 23. What do you call a Chav at college? The cleaner. 24. A bus full of Chavs were driving through Wales. As they were approaching gogferrinfourasoch they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town’s name. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch. As they stood at the counter, one Chav asked the blonde employee, "Before we order, could you settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are... very slowly?" The blonde girl leaned over the counter and said, "Burrrrrrrr-gerrrrrrr-Kiiiiing." 25. Two chavs jump off beachy head, who wins? Society
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Chavs Reply with quote

My oldest son is a Chav.....
I was a punk.....

There ya go..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: