UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THe Statics (or Candy stripe and the Statics or Statix!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: THe Statics (or Candy stripe and the Statics or Statix!) Reply with quote

THe Statics (or Candy stripe and the Statix!)
Anyone remmember 'The Statics, Luton band from 1980ish?

pic.by Alan Hussey
Famous for their rendition of 'Life is like a Coke in a Mickey Mouse jar' Also Lol (Lorriane T. pictured playing Keyboards here ) talented Songwriter musician, stood in on bass for UK Decay after Martin 'Seggie' Smith left in late 1980 If anyone Has got any info or perhaps was in the band, please click the 'Post Reply' button and post a message on this thread!

It would also be great to hear from you!

More to follow!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Last edited by werewolf on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Statics Reply with quote

Superb band
rattus norvegicus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Statics Reply with quote

Hello I'm Ratty - used to be the drummer in the Statics. Nice to know someone remembers us.

Would love to hear from anyone that remembers us and any band members. We had some good times - Very Happy !!

If possible, has anyone got any photographs of us?
rogerholdstock
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rat, if I remember rightly:
yourself - drums
Lol - keyboards
Eric - guitar
Debbie - bass
Paul - vocals

That was the classic line up. Have you got a copy of the three track cassette - "Electric City", etc? Do me a copy, mate. It was the best recording by any Luton group.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what did the statics sound like then? i never saw this tape but that's a big compliment you've paid it......

p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Statics Drummers Reply with quote

Statics DrummersDid Rat play drums for the Statics before or after Dennis? Because I know at some point Dennis played for em
God aint it a terrible thing, memory? its there somewher....so there was Paul Micthal on voice , and Eric on Guit, Lollraine on bass both Dennis and Rat on drums...they did some really classic tunes,....'Life is like a coke in a Mickey Mouse Glass' and 'Electric City'
Yes they were are really great Band! They had an indiferent attitude to what at the time was mainstream punk in the Luton Subculture, which was refreshing! And yet they retained the all important 'street-cred'!
Toast to you guys!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Dennis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: The Statics Reply with quote

Hello Rat (where's my bike?)

I certainly played drums after Rat. When I joined it was Debbie on Bass, Paul Mitchell on Vocals, Lol on Vocals/Guitar/Keyboards, Eric Guitar, Mark Cotterel on Sax and me on Drums. We later had another bass player, but his name escapes me at the minute (sorry).

I remember my first rehersal with the band in the attic of that old church, with the dodgy floor boards that you could see the ground floor through.

Someone pinched my old Electric City tape a few years back, before I could put it onto CD - so if anyone still has a copy, I would love to hear it again.

Is anyone still in touch with Lol or Eric?

I have many fond memroies of playing with The Statics, and a few old pictures somwhere as well.

Songs:
Electric City
Night Moves
Life is like a Coke...
Purple Haze

I wish I could remember more, I think I'll check in the loft for an old track list from a gig at Luton College I still have.

Dennis
rogerholdstock
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey! Mark "Gerry" Cottle on saxophone. Forgotten about that. He also roadied for UKDK. I remember he just turned up one saturday night in the Grapevine as a "punk". He'd spent the day shopping in the Kings Road!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Mark Cottle Reply with quote

Mark Cottle

rogerHoldstock wrote:
Blimey! Mark "Gerry" Cottle on saxophone. Forgotten about that. He also roadied for UKDK. I remember he just turned up one saturday night in the Grapevine as a "punk". He'd spent the day shopping in the Kings Road!
Where is Mark Cottle now?

an earlier guest wrote:
Does anyone out there have any information as to the whereabouts of Mark Cottle? he was a great fan of 'Decay' and he was once a Roadie for the band!
We would be gratefull for any information!

Anyone any ideas??
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Statics Reply with quote

Dennis wrote:
Hello Rat (where's my bike?)

I certainly played drums after Rat. When I joined it was Debbie on Bass, Paul Mitchell on Vocals, Lol on Vocals/Guitar/Keyboards, Eric Guitar, Mark Cotterel on Sax and me on Drums. We later had another bass player, but his name escapes me at the minute (sorry).

Dennis

Indeed this is the line up I recall - Electric City ... what a tune!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: