UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stevenage PUnx kick LutoN PuNx
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuzz
Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember The name; THE RATTLESNAKES, dont remember the band, feel free to remind me. The Stingrays played Bowes twice, those 'rockabilly gigs' had a charged atmosphere, as did a lot of the gigs. That was the day when alternative ment alternative and we had subcultures that weren't just a part of the culture.

Those that control the past control the future, The present is just out of control.
paulb
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: bowes lyon Reply with quote

I also had the dubious pleasure of playing bowes, with a small garage (in the true sense of the word, we had only played in someones garage until this point) band I was in.

We supported Sex Gang Children there and then once again supporting Blood and Roses, at which time I met Bob out of that band and I still remember him to be one of the finest and most generous fellows I have ever met.

We also supported the embryonic Fields of the Nephalim as well at Stevenage College, at which Carl McCoy really got the hump because we wouldnt lend him our strobe lights....not very nice of us I know but we were the support and well.....fuck him.
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: BOWES LYON Reply with quote

WE PLAYED THERE AS LATE AS 1987
SUPPORTING GOVERNMENT ISSUE FROM WASHINGTON DC, ONLY THEY HAD BEEN IN A VAN CRASH THE DAY BEFORE, SO IT WAS A BAND CALLED THE INSTIGATORS....
INFACT WE MUST HAVE PLAYED THERE A DOZEN TIMES...
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE NUZ IS THESE DAYS, OR THE EX CHRON GEN BOYS?

TANTRABOY
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Stevenage having it with the LU7 Reply with quote

I remember a DK gig when the LU7 turned up - had a row with the skins before watching the band - it's a bit hazy but I suspect there was a bit of bovver after the gig with a few of us being chased over some fields and Badger from Luton getting a hiding

Happy days!

I eem to recall Danny Stij playing a part in the pre-gig row, where is he now?

Mad Dave features in the post gig fracas - much loved, much missed

Where's army boy Badger now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: