UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK DK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: UK DK Reply with quote

UK DK the movie!
Well not excactly but yes, check out the web, there is a movie available called 'UK DK'. A Punk movie that came out in the Mid-Eighties. Understanding that 'UK decay' often shortened their names to 'UK DK' or people often found it easier to abreviate it to ' UK DK'

The movie makers must have been inspired to name their movie after the band, however their is no footage or music by the band in this movie!. Have they just nicked the bands name?
Anyway here is a picture of the soundtrack CD to the movie

Anyone out there seen this movie???
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Last edited by werewolf on Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
monokrom

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video was released by Visionary in '91 and is a documantary on UK Skins & Streetpunx. Live tracks included are: EXPLOITED - F**k The USA / VICE SQUAD - Stand Strong Stand Proud / ADICTS - Joker In The Pack - Viva La Revolution / BLITZ - New Age / BUSINESS - Blind Justice / VARUKERS - Soldier Boy / CHAOS UK - No Security DISORDER - Life.

Cherry Red released it on DVD last year with an added documentary on the '96 Holiday's in the Suns" festival documentary included.
http://www.cherryred.co.uk/dvd/crdvd22_variousukd.htm

Another intressting DVD released by Cherry Red recently is the "In Goth DAze" with liveperformances & promo videos by In Excelsis, Ausgang, Ghost Dance, Virgin Prunes.....
http://www.cherryred.co.uk/dvd/crdvd38_various.htm
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah.....an in excelsis video! never would have thought such a thing existed. wish i had a dvd player Smile

i saw in excelsis just once (dunstable queensway) , great gig. so where was this video filmed then?

i do actually have some photos i took at the gig. is this site interested in in excelsis / furyo or is the intention to keep it to UKDK?

p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: is this site interested in in excelsis / furyo ? Reply with quote

Quote:
is this site interested in in excelsis / furyo or is the intention to keep it to UKDK?

By God yes of course it is! if you got stuff please let us know! as not much is known about the two mentioned bands at this point in time, lets have it here,...Honestly there is so much to do! it took us ( with a broken scanner and PC probs), 5 hours the other day! to scan 'the Black 45' ep cover! ( yes I know, it is our incompetence!)
We are unaware of any websites apart from 'deathrock.com' who have featured pages on both these bands ( although they both remain unfinished). so i guess it is down to us to at least to give a background on the main website, which we will! We always intended to do this! it's just a matter of time!
I guess at the moment, we are concentrating on UK Decay to be honest but dont forget the Forum, Maybe we should start a new Forum for both of these Bands????

What do you think?

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: so where was this video filmed then? Reply with quote

Quote:
saw in excelsis just once (dunstable queensway) , great gig. so where was this video filmed then?

It was filmed at 'Heaven' victoria we think in early 1984 so say A geezer at Jungle Music...ashamedlly made famous for the 'Orange sqeezing incident'
More on that another time! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i have quite a bit of furyo memorabilia / photos / clippings and a bit of in excelsis stuff too. also all the records.

i have a scanner at work that i'm fairly good with , but it wouldn't be big enough for a 12" sleeve. last night i dug out my old cuttings scrapbook which again is too big to scan properly. what i could do is photocopy it onto A3 and post you that , you could then scan it in in whatever form you felt fit.

interested?

and pray tell more about orange squeesing Smile p
monokrom
Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: IN EXELSIS Vinyls! & FURYO cds? Reply with quote

There are still "new" In Exelsis records available from Jungle Records mailorder.
http://www.jungle-records.demon.co.uk/jungleshop/shopintro.htm

Also Cherry Red owns the rights to the FURYO recordings so let's start pestering them with demands for a CD relese!
http://www.cherryred.co.uk/crzone/canuhelp.htm
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Orange squeesing! Reply with quote

Orange squeesing!

paulrabjohn wrote:
i have a scanner at work that i'm fairly good with , but it wouldn't be big enough for a 12" sleeve. last night i dug out my old cuttings scrapbook which again is too big to scan properly. what i could do is photocopy it onto A3 and post you that , you could then scan it in in whatever form you felt fit.

That would be very nice of you to do that! Both 'Furyo' and 'In Excelsis' footage is rare down here, although we do have access to the 'In Excelsis' collection of platters so we can deal with scanning/photocopying of that!
But we have no 'Furyo' records and absolutely no 'Press' for either band, so anything would be nice!

Quote:
and pray tell more about orange squeesing p

The Less said about that incident the better!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

MattH

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have these on CDR. Any interest to anyone or are there plenty about?
FURYO MINI LP 1984
FURIOSO EP

Matt H
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Orange squeesing Reply with quote

Quote:
and pray tell more about orange squeesing p

It Was in the vip lounge at 'Heaven' and involved a bowl of oranges, a video projection screen or monitor several members and 'entourage' from 'In Excelsis' and probablly far too much intoxication!!

It was disgracefull if I say so myself!

part 2 later..am too knckrd now Laughing Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: