UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urban Warfare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghost
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Urban Warfare Reply with quote

Urban Warfare!

The origins of Passchendale lie with Urban Warfare who were formed by Myself, Kerry Conlon from Lewsey Farm and Kalim Quereshi from Marsh Farm. Darren on drums.

Somewhat isolated from the other punk bands in Luton at first we went on to play a number of gigs and recorded some tunes at Wopalong Studios in Luton (with production input from Spon) and had two tracks released on a compilation which was reviewed by the wonderful Gary Bushell later to
achieve fame as a TV critic for the Sun newspaper! Laughing

"Urban Warfare delve into anaemic wimphem delivered with all the vigour of the skin on the top of a cup of cold coffee"

http://www.neurotics.org.uk/reviews/vinylrev5.htm

Of course not being a right wing OI! band he wasn't impressed, however we were pleased at the time to get our name in Sounds!

Dr. Strangelove

Last edited by Ghost on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete Brennan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Urban Warfare Reply with quote

I remember attending a few of your practices at Marsh House.

I worked with Kerry briefly at the Fine Fare on Marsh Road and my only recollection of the band was a live performance at 33 and going to see Crass with Kerry , yourself (Phil) and Mark Thompson in March house.

I recall that the band were fairly political with song titles like poxy government and reduced to clear - It;s quite bizzare to see your name again

Christ that was a long time ago - if you still see Kerry - pass on my regards
Ghost
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen Kerry but passed a couple of emails and got his number... meaning to look him up on one of my infrequent trips to Luton.

Will pass on your regards, I remember that Crass gig at Marsh farm... mental!

Dr. Strangelove
Bone
Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Holy Christ! Reply with quote

Do you remember a benefit gig in '81 at Holy Christ church hall,Marsh Farm with chronic outbursts,phallic symbols,condemed,urban warfare.Can you remember any of the other bands that played,possibly four more in total?I think my most vivid memory of that night was of Comodity Dave walking round the hall,asking people if they liked beans.wether they said yes or no He'd suddenly pull a thin plastic bag of heinz's finest from behind his back and splat them over the head. Would like to know anything that stuck in your mind from that night.
badger
Minstrel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Urban warfare name change Reply with quote

I thought at one time you were going to change the bands name to
"REDUCED TO CLEAR" because one of you lot worked at a super market and had reams of " reduced to clear" stickers to plaster everywhere.
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Urban warfare name change Reply with quote

badger wrote:
I thought at one time you were going to change the bands name to
"REDUCED TO CLEAR" because one of you lot worked at a super market and had reams of " reduced to clear" stickers to plaster everywhere.

I remember those stickers!!!!!
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Urban Warfare Reply with quote

Ghost wrote:
Urban Warfare!

The origins of Passchendale lie with Urban Warfare who were formed by Myself, Kerry Conlon from Lewsey Farm and Kalim Quereshi from Marsh Farm. Darren on drums.

Didn't you cover that brilliant song by Crisis????

I recall seeing you at some gig in the dim recesses of my grey matter, well buggered by glue then and vodka since ...

As I recall I had a good time ...
Ghost
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was a butcher at Safeway and he had 1000's of those stickers. There wasn't much in Luton that wasn't 'Reduced' at one point!

Strange thing, I was thinking about that Crisis tune just a few days back... I can't remember the title, but I think the single had a silver sleeve.

I vaguely recall the gig in Marsh Farm... I recall the Baron of Beef, 33, and playing in front of a hall full of skinheads at the Kingsway! Not sure what we thought we were doing, Kerry had some sort of death wish I think! Anyway it seemed to go down quite well! LOL.

Interesting times!

Dr. Strangelove
blink poker
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the crisis single in silver sleeve is called alienation with bruckwood hspital on the b- side... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: