UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sophie Lancaster, Becup, Murdered for being a goth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scary girl
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Sophie Lancaster, Becup, Murdered for being a goth Reply with quote

Moderators notice;
This post was copied from the 'Underground party' forum as we felt
the 'Matters Gothiquete' forum to be a more appropriate place to
engender interest and debate.
A shadow post however, has been retained in the former forum.

I am posting this here hoping to raise awareness on what happened.
I know for a fact that many of us risk the same treatment everytime they go out at night.
This time somebody died and the murderer (all under age) are freed on bail until the final trial (12/10).
We are all trying to raise awareness about it and maybe after the trial has been closed (as the family requested to hold the fire until the trial has been closed) organise a gig night. benefit gig to raise money for the funeral, medical and court expenses for the families of Sophie and her boyfriend Robert but most of all to revendicate our presence in this society and make sure that this scum do not get out thinking that it was a COOL thing to do.
here is the story, what we ask everyone to do and the latest update, please contact me if you want.

A 20-year-old woman believed to have been attacked by a gang of youths because she dressed as a Goth has died from her injuries.Sophie Lancaster was walking through Stubbylee Park in Bacup, Lancashire with her boyfriend in the early hours of August 11 when they were assaulted by five teens.Miss Lancaster was left in a coma with serious head and facial injuries. Her boyfriend Robert Maltby, 21, was also left in a coma but has since recovered.A spokesman for Lancashire Police said Miss Lancaster died in hospital from her injuries at 10.15am today.The couple, both from Bacup, have been described as "Goths" and it is understood they had been targeted in the past because of the way they dressed and looked.Five male youths have been already been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent.Police said those charges would now be the subject of a review by detectives and the Crown Prosecution Service.Detective Inspector Dean Holden, who is leading the investigation, said: "It is tragic that this young woman has now died. Our thoughts are obviously with her family."The couple were taken to Rochdale Infirmary before Miss Lancaster was transferred to Fairfield Hospital, Bury, and then Hope Hospital's neurology unit in Salford.A 15-year-old and a 17-year-old have been remanded in custody, while two 15-year-olds and 17-year-old were released on bail.They were all due to appear before Burnley Youth Court on September 27.Mr Maltby, a former Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School pupil, had been going out with Miss Lancaster for around three years.He is studying art in Manchester, while she is understood to have been on a gap year.Both were left with heavily swollen faces and bleeding from their ears and noses following the brutal assault which happened in the skate park area between 1.10am and 1.20am.Miss Lancaster was said to have had a piece of flesh missing from her head where her attackers had pulled out her hair.Police urged anyone with information about the attack to contact Rawtenstall CID or Crimestoppers anonymously.Acting assistant chief constable of Lancashire Police, Jerry Graham, said: "This is a tragic incident which has resulted in the senseless loss of a young and vibrant woman. Lancashire Constabulary sends its sincerest condolences to Sophie's family and friends at this difficult time."There are, of course, young people in Lancashire and, as we have seen in recent times, all over the country who are intent on disrupting the lives of law-abiding citizens. In the very worst cases, such as this one, their actions have devastating consequences."Lancashire Constabulary will not tolerate this kind of behaviour, irrespective of the age of the perpetrators, and will take a forceful approach towards tackling it, using all the powers that we have available to the full."He added that care must be taken though not to "demonise" all young people and that there were people of all ages determined to cause trouble."There is a significant proportion of young people who do not engage in this kind of behaviour and are victims themselves," he said."Here in Lancashire, we think it is important not to negatively stereotype all of our young people when this kind of incident occurs."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/13625/Woman-dies-after-mob-park-attack
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1281306,00.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2155931,00.html

Let's get the names of the chav scum who did this, the press are largely ignoring this story and you just KNOW the scum involved are most likely going to get out after a few years on good behaviour on either a pathetic GBH or involuntary manslaughter charge for this sickening hate-crime murder.What the fuck are THREE of them doing out on bail and WHY is a clear cut case of murder being "reviewed" on the charges being brought forward? The Polices general attitude to such attacks is "If you look like THAT then you're really bringing it upon yourself"

This thing that has happened its simply horrible, poor Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend. He will have to live with the memory of what happened, why it had happened and most of all that those murderers are aout and about despite what they did. They will have probably went back to their friends, after having freed on bail, even more convinced that if they do it again they will get away with it. I showed it at work to some of my colleagues and they were gutted, they couldn't belive that something like this happens. I tried to explain that it not only in small cities that it still happens it is also frequent in London. Every time we go out we get called with names and quite often we risk to be beaten up if we are not careful. There is a letter/email to send to the parliament regarding hate crimes, they should include any kind of assault based not only on race/sex but also based on the clear look. it might not be a religion that tells us to shave our head and have the mohawk or dress in black but its a choice of life and THAT is not a proff that we are dodgy people, negative or inferior to anyone. Set aside that many there is a lot more sensibility amongst us than amongst MANY of the "normal" people out there. here is the letter please copy and paste in onto your email and send it to the person whose name and email is typed below. If can't change the law at least lets make our voice be heard, we are a minority community too and we have our rights too!

PLEASE cut and paste the template letter below, and sign with your real name, email address, and telephone number to make the UK legally take action.

It does not matter which country you live in. This is the local MP for where the incident happened. THANK YOU!!!!!

***** PLEASE email this to: andersonj@parliament.uk Subject line: Legislation needed

Dear Janet Anderson (MP Rossendale & Darwen Constituency),

I'm sure you've been made aware of a recent tragic incident in your constituency, and I'm sure I won't be that last person to contact you in regards to this awful crime.I'm referring to the untimely death of Sophie Lancaster following the brutal attack that she and her boyfriend Rob were victims of on 11th August. Some details as reported in the press:"Sophie Lancaster, 20 and her boyfriend were set upon while walking through Stubbylee Park in Bacup. They were both beaten up in a vicious assault. Miss Lancaster was left in a coma with serious head and facial injuries and died. Her boyfriend Robert Maltby, 21, was also left in a coma with bleeding on the brain but has recovered. He had been briefly let out of hospital on Wednesday to visit Miss Lancaster. The pair, both from Bacup, have been described as "Goths" who usually dress in black and wear heavy face make-up. It is understood the couple had been targeted in the past because of the way they dressed and looked.Five male youths have been already been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent. Police said those charges would now be the subject of a review by detectives and the Crown Prosecution Service. A 15-year-old and a 17-year-old have been remanded in custody, while two 15-year-olds and a 17-year-old were released on bail. They were all due to appear before Burnley Youth Court on September 27,2007."I am sure that you are also horrified by this news and I wonder where there is anything that can be done in UK law to make this recognised as a hate crime?I would like to see language added to the existing Hate Crime Prevention as it is written in The Public Order Act 1986 in England and Wales.Hate crimes (also known as bias motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her membership in a certain social group, usually defined by race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation. as it is written in Language in England and Wales--I would like to see a statement that also states belonging to a particular subculture relating to genres of music as one of the social groups - be that Goth, Punk, Rap, Pop, Country, Folk or whatever. I'm not a lawyer and my language may not be the best to describe this, but I think you should be able to see where I'm coming from.I would be most grateful if you could look into this matter further.I look forward to receiving your reply.

Sincerely,
Your REAL name
Your REAL email address
Your REAL phone number

Sophie Lancaster Condolence Book:
http://www.legacy.com/therossendalefreepress/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonID=93459606

Okay The Chav Scum who murdered Sophie Lancaster for "being a goth" and kicked her boyfriend Rob in to a coma are members of a gang called BTG (Bacup Terror Group), they were funded by some idiot Arts Council who allowed them to make a shitty rap video promoting GBH and violence which they stuck up on youtube(now removed) which featured one of the bastards who has been arrested.

Only 5 of these scum have been arrested so far, one of the animals arrested apparently was one who was ripping chunks of flesh out from Sophies head whilst pulling her dreadlocks off and also repeatedly jumped on Robs head from off a wall whilst he was lying unconscious.

So what about the other 10 members who gave this innocent couple a murderous kicking for the "crime" of being alternative-looking?

I have located their Bebo pages, apparently on some they have been bragging about this murderous beating.

Go here to see pictures of the gang of which some of those arrested feature.
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3968605755
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4477859132

and they have a video on yourtube.........right now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/iannyo

Some of the names of the ringleaders of the gang are: ryan, the 2 danny's, joe and brendan.

I stress this only features SOME of those involved with Sophie and Robs attack and not all, some MAY well be entirely innocent, however gaining some surnames and addresses to go with the faces would be good as I dare say some of them are going to escape justice and those who do get prosecuted will probably merely do a few years for "involuntary manslaughter"

Apparently relatives and girlfriends of those accused have been intimidating witnesses to this murderous attack. SCUM.

The relatives of the victims have stressed that they do not want any vigilante action taken against these scum as it could hurt the trial against the perpetrators.

Let's hope the Law do give those fuckers justice for their own sake!

For those who do not know about Sophie Lancaster and her boyfriend Rob
go here and get wised up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Lancaster[/i]
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, it was an appalling thing to happen and I have no sympathy for the perpetrators. However, appealing to the police, government and courts is not the way forward. Many people have died at the hands of the police, the government are currently waging a murderous war in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the courts frequently send innocent people to rot in prison. As a long term solution, prison doesn't work and you cannot rely on the police.

In the eighties, coming out of The Switch, a group of us ended up in L&D hospital A&E after we were jumped from a passing car. In comparison to what happened to this couple it was nothing. The police made a few racist comments about the perpetrators being gypsies (they were from the site in Stopsley) but the case never came to trial. Personally, I couldn't have cared less at the time if they had gone down (well, a little), because looking like Elephant Man and carrying the footprint of a training shoe down the side of your face, tends to distort the opinions, but the reality is that the police, courts and parliament are not our friends.

It's a longer argument (and people will disagree) but perhaps if the police, parliament and the courts didn't make society so shite in the first place, such incidents would be a lot rarer.

As you say, the people who did this are scum and I don't care whether they go to prison or not really; just that I don't think we should be on the same side as the police, courts and government or demanding tougher sentences. If you want justice, don't bother looking to the law - it is not there to serve justice.

I remember a lot of the gangs in Luton during the 80's, MIGS, BPYP, etc. I have no idea whether they still exist but I'm sure that the biggest gang in the town have not gone away - the ones with the truncheons, riot gear and handcuffs!
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviosuly this is something that always need addressing, but I'd already started a thread on the news page!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Gaurdian Follow up Reply with quote

Gaurdian Follow up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/apr/25/goth.violence

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
blink poker
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somethings dont change just the names of the idiots causing trouble.it used to be smoothies,townies.soulboys..etc now its chavs,and hoodies different names still the same old spineless morons that wander round each town and city in packs looking for there next victim...safety in numbers eh... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
D
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blink poker"]somethings dont change just the names of the idiots causing trouble.it used to be smoothies,townies.soulboys..etc now its chavs,and hoodies different names still the same old spineless morons that wander round each town and city in packs looking for there next victim...safety in numbers eh... :evil: :evil:[/quote]

It's probably not very helpful to try to overcome one stereotype simply by using others - borrowed from the tabloids. It's not like being a hoody or a chav is so great either. And the majority of them are not violent - thank goodness!

Putting it into context, more people die or are maimed in road accidents, construction site incidents and from preventable/curable illnesses every year but the people behind those statistics are invisible and therefore go unchallenged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: