UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

furyo unreleased lp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: furyo unreleased lp Reply with quote

well the next project after my uk decay discography (which i hope is of interest) will be to do a furyo and in excelsis one. one thing i'd like to clear up is the details of the furyo album.

furyo only made 2 official releases , the "furyo" 5-track mini-lp and the "furioso" 4-track 12". a full length album was recorded but never properly released , not sure if cherry red didn't like it or the band split up before it was ready and it just never happened.

a couple of years later the guys at "grim humour" fanzine started selling cassettes as a sort of DIY label. i presume these were bootlegs done with the bands turning a blind eye. one was an ausgang live retrospective , another was the furyo lp. i got one of these , and its not bad at all. nice quality , you can hear the needle hitting the vinyl so i guess it was a test pressing or something like that Smile

love to give you a tracklist but sorry i don't know the titles. anyone help with this? some are obvious ("burden of dreams" , "the way of the world" , "ha ha ha" , "the devil and the deep blue sea") , others i can't work out. there's a longer version of "legacy" as well.

i know the band released a japan-only album , not sure if it was this "new" album or maybe a compilation of the 2 UK releases. anyone got this?

any info on this would be appreciated , would be nice to know about this.

cheers , paul
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well , over a hundred people read my mail but no responses so i guess there ain't many copies of this kicking around. however , i have not been idle and i've managed to get some live tapes with tracklists , so now i actually know the names of the songs. needless to say , my original guesses at titles were half wrong , so sorry for any confusion.

album tracklist is as follows ;

exodus
the burden of dreams
the world at war
wakakoukou
legacy
ha ha ha
whisper in the wind

legacy is a completely different , longer , version to the one on "furioso".

right , now this is sorted i will try to do the long-promised discographies for furyo / in excelsis. bear with me......

p
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i always knew this was rare but in this months "Record Collector" its down as one of the 50 all time Goth rarities. interesting to see if this flushes any out onto the market , be lovely to see what it looked like Very Happy

p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: