UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeff Hamilton RIP aka 'Geronimo Jeff'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Jeff Hamilton RIP aka 'Geronimo Jeff' Reply with quote

Jeff Hamilton RIP aka 'Geronimo Jeff'

Jeff Hamilton RIP aka 'Geronimo Jeff' left

Many will remember the late Geronimo Jeff who passed away in 1998.
. He was a maverick and colourful figure in the Luton Punk and music
scene of the 70's and 80's, he often accompanied UK Decay
in their early days, as they toured round Britain.

Partial to dressing up on occasion as seen here, another time, he
(For a special surprise!) Hired out a full-on �Cavalier� outfit from
a Fancy Dress shop for a �Decay� gig (the Roadmenders, Northampton)
And much to Abbo�s dismay ran amok in mid performance!
He was chased round and round by the crew and Punks everyone,
even most of the band were in hysterics! That was so funny
(Anyone else remember this?)

The exploits of the late Geronimo Jeff are crying out to be written
down, He was UK Decay�s very own resident �Mad Scientist�
Often contributing to �The Suss� magazine and later on, he
Produced and engineered, at Hero's, the Barbers Lane recording studio
He produced many local Punk and Reggae artists in the early 80�s
From a musical familly, Jeff had a great ear for sound and music and
although somewhat eccentric in his tastes, his opinion on a track or a
mix, was always highly valued by those that knew him. Including of
course UK DK who in 1982 wrote and recorded the pre-demo of the
Rising from the Dread EP at Hero's, under Jeff's watch.

Sadly missed
Geronimo Jeff RIP

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great man was lost in Jeff ,A real caracter. life and soul of any party always smiling and happy generous kind and forgiving of the fools that competeted with him. He had the rare talent of being very cleaver without taking himself too seriously, he inspired his friends and they follow his trend he had a wide knowledge of film and music and if he brought a new camera he would be so excited and take us out in the car all over the place to make films and music what a laugh we had.he made the most of life and didnt care that some persons were always trying to compete with him,and lie about him ,underestimating his talents.if he brought a video camera he would use it to its full extent. I dont think he had a bad bone in his body if he did do anything bad it was for a good reason and to put evil in its place.
I will put some of jeff poems up here soon they always make me smile shine on Jeff Godess bless mate.

Make new friends but keep the old ones; one is silver and the other's gold
Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's.A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out..Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.The friendship that can cease has never been real don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; don't walk behind me, I may not lead; walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Every man should have a fair-sized cemetery in which to bury the faults of his friends.I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great.Never exaggerate your faults. Your friends will attend to that.Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> People Requiem All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: