UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Decay Class Reunion 3 - Reviews, video & pics.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: UK Decay Class Reunion 3 - Reviews, video & pics. Reply with quote

I'd like to suggest that everybody that supported the event please use this post as the main source of reviews/pics etc.
Werewolf note: Yes please do use this post to send in the links to your
photos of the event that you have posted on your photobucket etc and
youtube ect. use that 'embeded source code' that you always wondered
what it was, cut and paste it into the post reply box where you want it.
Then as if by magic, hey presto it will appear on your post!
Lets have them here, all in one place!
Start by going to the page and posting reply (or click here!)

Click Click - She's Chewing Them

UK Decay - Last In the House Of Flames

Last edited by The Coven on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 am; edited 3 times in total
cyclops

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't be arsed to go to the reunion but that CLick CLick footage is fookin brilliant. Looking forward to more postings.
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

The Adenoids
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Rosie (Rogue)

Matt (Rogue)

Chris (Rogue)

Click Click

Click Click

Edwin (UK Decay)

Rubella Ballet

The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Review (of sorts) Reply with quote

After a relatively good nights sleep, we awoke totally over-excited with the prospect of the evening. A bit of rain in the afternoon, but luckily nowhere near the downpour we'd had the afternoon before during the tech spec meeting. I popped into town in circa 2pm to do one more flier run and then came home to get changed.

Upon arrival at the venue (5pm), checked out both DJ booths (after hunting down the key to release the isolator) distribute what few Coven/Thursday Fury fliers I had left and put up posters and wait for the bar to open!

Managed to chat to a few band members before heading ino the garden to greet other friends that had travelled the length of the country to attend. By the time the event got underway, we were too busy chatting to watch the punk film, but made sure we were first in queue for another great set from The Adenoids. We stayed upstairs for the first of DJ Bonzi's sets until Rogue boarded the stage. Certainly not one of my most favourite performances, with one guitarist missing as he'd mistakenly decided to go and see The Foo Fighters, but they just didn't do it for me this time around I'm afraid.

As soon as they'd finished, we ran downstairs for the first big band of the night - Click Click. I only really discovered them a few years back, but since then, I jsut can't get enough of them, and play them any chance I get when Djing other nights. As you can see on my first post, I managed to capture their first song of the night, then spent the rest of the gig dancing.

After the smallest half hour I've ever experienced, we shot back upstairs for S.W.A.N.K. Even after only 3 bands, the times were already over-running, and after a frantic dancing session, had to run downstairs for the main event - UK Decays first full gig for 25 years.

After a few minutes of technical problems, they roared onstage for some 40 minutes banging out their classics such as Sexual, Unexpected Guests, and surprisingly, Testament (dedicated to Steve Harle). Again I got some video footage, but wanted to enjoy the band so put it away after a couple of songs. The crowd went mad, the atmosphere amazing throughout. I really pity anybody that chose not to attend.

After that dramatic and sensational gig, most peoples nights were over. Regadless that Rubella Ballet were also playing a little later. Upon venturing back downstairs to check them out, there wasn't even half the crowd compared to UK Decay, and as I'm not much of a fan, I left them to it.

On a more personal note and bearing in mind that there was still my DJ set to play, and with RBs being the headliners, came the usual bullshit extra long soundchecks knocking the time onto 12.30am before they'd finished, which then meant I wasn't due on till 1.15am. Off course by this time, 99% of people were either outside making the most of warm weather and garden, or gone home, and I was stuck playing to around 10 people! After listening intently to the other Djs throughout the night to ensure I didn't repeat any previous tracks, what should have been one of my finest hours (like alst years performance) turned out to be a total loss. I did remark about closing the night after 5 songs, but was told to play a bit longer, until those that remained had also buggered off upstairs. I managed to play a few of my planned songs, but ended up with this selection...

Shadow Reichenstein - Wakin' The Dead
Killing Joke - Pssyche
Sex Pistols - Substitute
The Clash - 1977
The Expolited - Dead Cities
The Cramps - Can your Pussy Do The Dog
The Ruts - Staring At The Rude Boys
The Toys Dolls - Ernie Had A Hernia
Public Image Limited - Public Image ®
The Jam - Batman
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Metal Postcard
Gary Numan - We Are So Fragile
Joy Division - She's Lost Control

After one last pint, and a bit of a rant at a few people for not coming back downstairs, we found a cab right outside and left for home. I was hoping to catch the aftershow party, but after getting home, Loopy throwing up and the general come-down, we went to bed exhausted but very contented.

All in all, it was one fucking great experience, with I'm told over 400 in attendance, seeing bands I'd never thought I'd ever experience, catching up with people I hadn't seen since the last event, and the cheapest bar I'd encountered in a long time, combined with what added up to 9 solid drinking and having fun, really nothing else could ever come close, and I shall never forget it. Sorry for any band I missed, but it was just impossible to see everybody on the night.

So lastly, thanks to all that helped on the night, all the bands that put in 110%. Your efforts were definately appreciated and I expect will be required again in 2009 if not before.

More pics here

One last little plug....for any local peeps wanting to hear more of the same, I not only run Bedforshires only goth night, The Coven, but Lutons only post-punk/new wave pub night Thursday Fury @ The Blackhorse in Hastings Street every month. (All details on the nights can be found on the news page. )

Last edited by The Coven on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: For my Country Luton 2008 Reply with quote

For My Country Luton 2008

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Last edited by werewolf on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: More footage. Reply with quote

The Adenoids - Drugs & Fuckin'

Rogue - Sick of It All
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK Decay - Unwind

The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.W.A.N.K. - Flytipping

And I'm afraid that's all the footage I have from the night. If anybody has any pics, reviews of any bands or video footage, please submit if for everybodies elses enjoyment.
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the first two re unions due to work committments but made the 3rd. hats off to all that but it together the memories came flooding back as I met some old friends and enemies.
I thought DK were grand and looked as if they were enjoying playing as much as I enjoyed being there.
I would like to thank the music mistro for playing the soundtack of my life in between the acts downstairs a great selection well done.

The only thing missing was jumping on the train back from the music machine all those years ago, who remembers that ?

Mind you I felt like I wanted to do it all again.

Saturday night was definatly a night for celebration thank you all.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Review of UK DECAY COMMUNITIES REUNION 3 with pics Reply with quote

Review of UK DECAY COMMUNITIES REUNION 3 with pics

Check out Ella Jo's review of the night here

Laughing Rolling Eyes

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: