UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dave 'Mad' Barr 1962 -2003 RIP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Dave 'Mad' Barr 1962 -2003 RIP Reply with quote

Dave 'Mad' Barr 1962 -2003 RIP

September 26th 1962-March 6th 2003

Quote:
Being from Leighton BeBuggered how could I not know of the Outbursts. I have lost touch with practically everyone but I was at Dave's funeral service last year.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Dave was a remarkable man and I had (and still have) the utmost respect for him.

Yes He was! and what a shock it was to learn that Dave 'Mad' Barr was no longer with us!
Dave made it to nearly every Decay gig in the UK and Europe as well as playing in his own band 'The Chronic Outbursts'! he was a real HUMAN human being!
After running (i think!) the 'Counterpoint' in Bletchley and numerous outdoor parties including a memorable one in Milton Keynes with The 'Mutoid Waste Company' in the mid 80's. He split the UK for Holland then India then on to Spain in the 90's which is where he was I think? when he passed away!

I remmember being stranded in Amsterdam in late 1989 when the Berlin wall came down. A tour i was on had collapsed, the only person that i knew there was Dave but i didnt know how to contact him. So wandering the streets for 3 days ( its no fun in the 'Dam' without any 'Dollar'!) i was at the point of desperation! then i literally 'bumped' into him!
He totally sorted me out, let me stay at his place, fed me and took me out! finally lending me the money to get home! what a host! whilst there we joked and talked about 'the old days'
Then i only heard about him for the next few years, Steve Harle had met him in India, in fact Dave was one of the last to see Steve alive!
At an outdoor party in 200/1 i think it was a 'Junction 14' Free party in Flitwick woods, i was at a Techno-trance system that was a little away from the main melee, with pschodelic lightshows in the trees surrounding a happy going party and sufficiently schmeeneyed.
and I heard someone call me, I looked round it took a moment to realise it was Dave, it had been 10 years since I had last seen him!
We sat by a bonfire chatting and sharing the 'peace-pipe', until mid-morning, he told me that he was living in Spain and over here for a break. he also talked of meeting Steve in India
Ever the modest one Dave, I thanked him for his help some ten years earlier, but all he would say was 'think nothing off it'!
That was the last time I ever saw him.
Last year, there was a funeral nr. Edlesborough which proved a sad re-union of many of his Familly and friends from 'Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes area.
It gave us a chance to pay our respects to a very special man!

Dave 'Mad' Barr R.I.P

Any new comments or tributes about Dave can be left here.
Please post reply below, choose a user name, write your
message and 'submit'.

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Respect Reply with quote

Dave was a cool geezer, the woods parties he put on near woburn were some of the best parties i ever went to always free and loads of good bands playing. He had a lot of mates in Toddington and all the other villages and was a very well known guy, people like him are hard to come across these days he was genuine and a good mate why do all the best people pass away too soon. See you on the other side Dave.
peace.
jay wolfendale
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: dave Reply with quote

i don't have to try and make a living from it, but my book, yeah baby, was written for dave, and it's about him as much as me.......x
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Dave Barr Reply with quote

Its been mentioned already, but yes, he was the best.

I also have a no money Dave Barr story, its basically the same, you were a punk rocker in dire straits, he would come to the rescue.

One night we went along to see Inxcelsis and couldn't get in , I think it may even have been the very first gig at 33 Guildford St, and Dave bought the rounds at the Blockers..........

About 3, 4 yrs alter he was booking bands at Counterpoint, and he put us on with Christ On Parade, and some skins turned up from Kempston Hardwick, Dave knew that they were the bane of our lives in Bedford, so he just went up the lot and said "you lot better know the crack, or I'll kill the lot of you". Well, suffice to say, if big Dave Barr told you, you tended to stay told. Not a man to mess with. The gig was a peacefull event.

I miss him in a big way.

A gentle giant.

See you one day

Alan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> People Requiem All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: