UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

welcome to the Forum of FURYO!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: welcome to the Forum of FURYO! Reply with quote

welcome to the Forum of Furyo!

Please feel free to post up messages relating to Furyo matters here!.

Please use this 'Thread' to start with.. and the rest will be 'fleshed out later!

Enjoy! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: FURYO picture gallery on the way! Reply with quote

FURYO picture gallery on the way

Now we have the Furyo or Slavedriver Forum online, the Picture and Digitized archive will follow.

As always if you have anything that you would want to consider contributing to the gallery ie. Band pics, live pics, press, flyers, posters and any other memoriabillia...

please drop us an email or post a message right here!

werewolf@ukdecay.co.uk

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: pre-furyo ; slave-drive and meat of youth Reply with quote

well not sure how other DK fans here see it , but i always had a real soft spot for furyo and i thought they'd make it further than they did. they just seemed to be getting going and it all seemed to collapse ; great shame.

i'll stick some memories of furyo up later ( i also have some photos which i'll mail in , they're pretty good) , but initially i thought i'd see if anyone knew much about the 2 tracks they recorded before kicking off furyo.

DK split in xmas 82 and i think the debut furyo gig at the marquee was around august 83. but before that they'd released a track on "the whip" (slave drive by slave drive) and one on the batcave album (meat of youth by meat of youth). these feature a guitarist called pat (i think) , definitely not albie de luca of furyo , together with abbo/branch/harle.

slave drive is quite "experimental" , not really a song as such. it's been widely put on compilation albums (often naughtily credited as UKDK) and is easily downloaded for the stingy.

meat of youth is much better , really funky and probably the best track on the album (which isn't mostly so hot). this was on decca who no doubt won't license it out cheap , so it's quite hard to get hold of i guess. but well worth it.

these tracks were both played at early furyo gigs so they're an important part of the story. but pat didn't last (no idea what happened to him) and ex-gene loves jezebel guitarist albie stepped in. the rest is history (sort of).

lots more to tell on furyo if anyone's interested , but i won't bore you more for now. p
Ian Lee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: wrong section ! Reply with quote

Please see my comments about Furyo in the In Excelsis section !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: