UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Statics Eric - another siting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> M.I.A (missing in action)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlickoG
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Statics Eric - another siting. Reply with quote

Seems some time since I've heard Eric's name being mentioned so thought I'd just say that I saw him last Friday. He was in Covent Garden (just opposite the tube in Long Acre) selling The Big Issue.
Seemed in good health although walking with a stick and was over the moon that someone a) remembered him and b) took time to have a chat with him. Still a really nice bloke.
Sends a special welcome to Spon, Abbo and Lol and as this is apparantly his normal patch, anyone down in Covent Garden will probably see him.
dahei
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is really ,really sad .
a very talented and intelligent man .
good luck to him , i hope eric finds something better to do with his many talents
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Looking For Eric Reply with quote

I found myself in Covent Garden, London on Friday 19 June. Went 'Looking for Eric' (as the title of the contemporary film goes), but no luck. Strangely in same area briefly the next day, so asked another Big Issue seller, Wayne, on corner of Long Acre and Neal Street (where the Roxy Club was) who was working that site at that time, about Eric.

He smiled, and said "Ah, Eric. He works here on Mondays, Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays after 4pm." Unfortunately I had to be elsewhere then, so didn't get to see Eric.

I did meet on the Friday, however- as pre-arranged- Richard Cabut (aka North). We sat on the terrace of the Royal Festival Hall chatting non stop and getting more and more drunk (he cycled home afterwards- hope he got there OK !) We ascertained that we hadn't seen each other for 23 years- surely that can't be right ? He hadn't come to any of the reunions 'cos he doesn't like seeing groups reform- but has promised to be at any future UK Decay gig in London- and to meet me at a future Luton Town match (that remains to be seen). He seems happy, living in south London, writing for 3AM Magazine and having 4 kids via 2 different mothers. The chat just flowed !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> M.I.A (missing in action) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: