UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is it worrthit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankfartfrap

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: is it worrthit? Reply with quote

The wonderfully talented Spike Milligan died in February 2002, aged 83, but since then his grave has remained bare except for a small cherub. However, that all changed yesterday when stonemasons arrived to fit a long-awaited headstone to his grave at St Thomas' church, Winchelsea, East Sussex.

The stone is inscribed with Milligan's now famous epitaph "I told you I was ill!" The phrase is inscribed on the 4ft-high stone in Gaelic, and reads: "Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite."

There had been earlier reports that Spike's family had had disagreements over the wording, but this was later denied.

Speaking about the new addition to his cemetery, Priest, the Venerable Fred George, said: "It was news to me until I saw the workers - I am glad Mr Milligan finally has a distinguished memorial. He's buried to the west of the churchyard - not far from a Lord, so he's in good company."
frankfartfrap

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: your post Reply with quote

stop pretending to be me, Spike!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Hi frnkk fartfrop Reply with quote

Hi frnkk fartfrop (funny name!)
Hi and welcome to the UK Decay communitues Forum.

We moved your topic from 'The News' forum as we felt it wasnt appropriate there!

Anyway we have much respect for Spike Milligan one of the 'geniuses' of British comedy but dont know if he was a fan of UK Decay or not!
We do know about 'Rodney' from 'Only Fools and Horses' ( BBC comedy) wearing a UK Decay T-Shirt, However!
Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Iain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about Rodney's t-shirt. Do you know which epiosode it was?
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: 'Only fools and horses' Rodneys T-Shirt Reply with quote

'Only fools and horses' Rodneys T-Shirt

Sure it was the one where rodney was 'holed up' in an Air Raid shelter on the roof Sorry..dont know what the episode is called...never seen it all the way through...usually..if its on..I start getting phone calls..to tell me its on again!...so only end up watching it from half way through!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

he is wearing an 'Unexpected Guest' T-Shirt!

frankfartfrap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: it wasnt spike milligan it was adrian mole Reply with quote

I got it wrong, it was adrian mole, UK Decay was a Fav. band of our hero,
i was adrian so i should know.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Well Frank Reply with quote

Well Frank
FFF wrote:
I got it wrong, it was adrian mole, UK Decay was a Fav. band of our hero,

Can you 'illuminate' us on where you got this information, we have heard rumours of this before?
please!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: