UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'24 Colours'
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: '24 Colours' Reply with quote

24 Clours'

Anyone remmember '24 colours', Luton band from 1982?

Well if anyone Has got any info or perhaps was in the band, please click the 'Post Reply' button and post a message on this thread!

After leaving UK Decay, Martyn Segovia Smith formed '24 Colours' who went on to be a regular feature in the local Music scene for a number of years in the Eighties!

It would also be great to hear from you!

More to follow!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
tonyhippy
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 Colours also contributed to the Anti-Nirex tape. Good eggs!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: 'Anti Nirex' Reply with quote

'Anti Nirex'
Well in the mid Eighties th UK government wanted to 'Dump' most of its Nuclear waste in a site in Bedfordshire UK.

The local musicians, artists and just about everybody else didnt like this idea so amongst all these different groups came protest in many forms.

One project involved a collaboration amongst many bands and artists in the Luton area 'The Anti Nirex Tape'.
A project that galvanised many differing strands of diversity in the local musical culture Including '24 colours', 'Click Click', Spon out of UK Decay and many others.
Well the project although recorded never really saw the light of day, owing to the government 'changing its mind'. thus it lost its purpose!

There were lots of contributions to this project from many bands and artists and its a real shame it never saw the light of day but its purpose had been well and trully served....Victoriouslly!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

crazy fish

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: I used to dj for the gigs they played Reply with quote

Crazy Fish here.
I used to dj for the gigs they played. I sit next to Smythie at Luton Matches, I also bump into Mick now and again as well as Andy the drummer. All still playing intruments just for fun. I have recently come out of retierment to a good response.

see ya
Crazy Fish
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dug out my old copy of the anti-nirex tape. must play it again as i neverrealised segovia was part of 24 colours. its got 2 great click click tracks on it as well as karma sutra , corpaelia and a few others. not sure what tracks spon is on though as he's not credited. any thoughts? p
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Spon on anti Nirex Reply with quote

Spon on anti Nirex
He said that he will have to hear it to trigger his memory cell! Rolling Eyes
Will get back to you on it!

Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: 24 Colours Reply with quote

I spotted a headless base guitar in segovia house last year. He now lives on eating a mixture of curries, pickled eggs and real ale which means he is very good company in lifts

Fish'n'chips
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Anti Nirex Tape Reply with quote

Anti Nirex Tape
For one reason or another, after shuffling thru the entire tape archives, we have failed to find one of theses 'Anti Nirex' tapes. We did find one that had 'Nirex' written on it, but on playing it were dissapointed that it was only one track and not the whole tape. In fact it was like a reheasal tape ( i mean that it filled a c90 cassette with just different extrapolations of one song!).
If there is in existance an example of the finished product then please let the werewolf Know!!
We will post it up!

Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Dump it on Parliament Reply with quote

Idea I am almost certain I've got a copy of this tape up in the loft. Gonna go up an dig it out tomorrow(kids are asleep at the mo). Will scan cover and try to convert the tape to mp3, then email it to werewolf, who, hopefully, can put it on the site. Might be some time though, I'm not very clever.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Yes Bugsy that would be great! Reply with quote

Yes Bugsy that would be great!

Bugsy wrote:
Idea I am almost certain I've got a copy of this tape up in the loft. Gonna go up an dig it out tomorrow(kids are asleep at the mo). Will scan cover and try to convert the tape to mp3, then email it to werewolf, who, hopefully, can put it on the site. Might be some time though, I'm not very clever.

Yes I also have had a look but not yet found the'Anti Nirex' tape! I have found a 'work in progress' type cassette, but I dont actually remember having owned a finished tape!
Perhaps seeing the cover artwork might 'trigger' my memory on this..I remember working with 'dr****' on one tune with his brand new Casio CZ1 and with the 'Click Click' project..but i got the feeling i did more..I would have to see it and hear it !
Mp3ing it would be great we will certainlly put it up online but it would have to be less than aprox 10 megabytes..cus of server space...
Yes when you get a chance mate...that would be great!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: