UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howdy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NDNhenrik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Howdy Reply with quote

Just found this web-page, great stuff!

I am a long time fan and have, as I'm sure everybody else has, been wondering why there has been no retrospective UK Decay CD's.

I run my own label, NDN Records (www.ndnrecords.com), and would be very interested in discussing such a release (preferable a double or triple CD with all of the official versions as well as unreleased versions, live, etc. And of course with a nice comprehensive booklet. All in superb quality of course. The band deserves it...). As to Peel Sessions, Strange Fruit originally had the exclusive rights to these, but this has now expired which means that any label can put them out (needless to say, they'll need the permissions, etc.).

Originally from Denmark, I also ran the radio show "MenyRock" on Radio Maelkeboetten, often playing UK Decay songs there as well.

I have always picked up any release by UK Decay that I didn't have. Can anybody let me know if I'm missing anything - here's what I have (all UK unless noted):

Tape: A night For Celebration (DK 6)

LP: For Madmen Only (DK LP 1)
LP: For Madmen Only (FRESH LP 5)
LP: For Madmen Only (Japanese release with Obi & Insert - VAP 35127-25)

12": Rising From The Dread (With insert - CHRIST ITS 1)

7": UK Decay (Split release w/Pneumania - PLAS 1)
7": Black Cat (PLAS 002)
7": For My Country (DK 3)
7": For My Country (FRESH 12)
7": Unexpected Guest (FRESH 26)
7": Sexual (FRESH 33)

Thanks mucho & keep up the excellent work!

Cheers,
Henrik

PS. I think I once read that one of the singles initially came with a patch or button - anyone got this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: howdy NDNhenrik Reply with quote

howdy and welcome NDNhenrik
NDNhenrik wrote:
am a long time fan and have, as I'm sure everybody else has, been wondering why there has been no retrospective UK Decay CD's.

The short answer to the first question is that one of the main reasons for the setting up of this website is to get the UK Decay material re-released on CD which is currentlly an ongoing mission!
It is as we are finding out a complex issue and is going to take some while resolving certain problems with permissions and tracking down ex-members!
However we do have a couple of ideas in the making and will E-mail you over the comming weekend regarding them.
Quote:
have always picked up any release by UK Decay that I didn't have. Can anybody let me know if I'm missing anything - here's what I have

think you got the lot there apart from a Portugees issue of 'For My Country'!
Many thanks

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
NDNhenrik

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: howdy Reply with quote

Thanks for info. You can contact me via the label (www.ndnrecords.com)

Can anybody help with a Portuguese "For My Country"? I have a spare original "Rising From The Dread" poster (rolled mint, never folded).

Cheers,
Henrik

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: