UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi All i just singed in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHOPPER DAVE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Hi All i just singed in Reply with quote

Was around in the late seventies,early eighties and attended a few of UK DECAYS gigs. Remember a lot of faces but crap on names, will have to hunt for tickets to the gigs as i kept a lot of them. Apart from the ones we got in for nowt,as we often did. We put the B in blagging then.
Thanks go to Roger Holdstock as he put your link to this site up on Luton fc.com board as a lot of the tribe then were Hatters fans.
Went walkabout in late 82 and arrived back 94, still have Decays records in mint condition. Sadly i used my "For My Country " T shirt as a rag in the garage only recently!! DOH!
Hi to Irish lads Joe and Jon if your about, remember riding our m/bikes back after gigs.
All sweaty and slightly stoned! Laughing
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Hi Chopper Dave welcome to the forum! Reply with quote

This is your freindly neighbourhood Werewolf here
Hi Chopper Dave welcome to the forum!

great to see you here, dont worry most of us are also crap at names.
Didnt realise Roger had put link up on Hatters site...good on him.
Where did you go on 'Walkabout' for 12 years? that sounds amazing!
mind you I guess it could be argued that many of us are on pernament
'walkabout' Rolling Eyes
I picked up a mint 'For Madmen Only' at a charity shop a couple years back, which replaced the worn out copy that had been the hallmark of the 'Annual-Replay' , must be a rare thing!
Can't find my worn 'For my Country' T-shirt, I am sure I still got one, wonder if it would be a good idea to re-issue it?
Anyway, looking forward to hearing some of your stories
Bet you got some good ones! Laughing
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ps.. like your avatar!!!

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
CHOPPER DAVE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf my man, yes got some stories to tell but later.
First,anyone here went to the UK DK at the Luton colledge in 79-80?Bauhause was on also. Oh sorry its Uni now, f`kin joke that is. Anyhow gettin` back,way back!! Was in the Grapes that night and we,ah names? Lets see, me Dave,Mick,Ian,Jon Hayman,Mandy,Steve(understand Steve ran a Heroin support group years later) the bastid!! Warned him about drugs and shit but he got chinese ears! He was a descent chap about town but the drugs fucked him up big time.Is he still about? Anyhow, apart from the skinheads trying to ruin things it wern`t a bad do.The UK DK played a blinder.Thanks to the Luton Mad Caps pre Hells Angels,who were supportive at the time kept the plebby skins to behave themselves and a good gig was had by all. Remember this one,only cos i got dragged off by a lovely gal to my bed sit land round biscot way and never emerged till monday morn! Ah mems. Laughing
CHOPPER DAVE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the Uk Decay, i missed the teaming up with Killing Joke! Thats when i went to southern Europe for a spell. Funny thing was i was playing the UK DK tape in my car when picked up 2 hitchers in France who had a tape of Killing Joke and i was hooked! Laughing Small world sydrome, hey heres one..............

Was in Gibralter late 82 and in a bar slooooooooooowly drinking,as you do in these foriegn climes.Got chattin to the barman and low and behold he was from Luton! Apart from the chat about Luton Football Club,he was enthuiastic about UK Decay! So we stuck the tape on that i had and all the bar was bouncing with the sounds! Ah cool or what? Spent some time there, even kipped in the Southdown Barracks courtesy of our Army lads out there. Hi to Macy and Sluggs from Newcastle who were posted there at the time and liked Uk DK. Ah mems. Laughing
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Hi Chopper Dave Reply with quote

Hi Chopper Dave
Chopper Dave wrote:
understand Steve ran a Heroin support group years later

Did you mean Steve Marriot? if its the same as i know, I wonder how hes getting on!

Chopper Dave wrote:
First,anyone here went to the UK DK at the Luton colledge in 79-80?Bauhause was on also

Ah yes one of those classic Luton gigs!! A trully 'Seminal' gig in the history
of both Decay and Bauhaus! can you remmember what the name of the 3rd
act on the bill that night?

Those pesky skins, kept cropping up, it was terriblly tribal in those days!
Chopper Dave wrote:
Got chattin to the barman and low and behold he was from Luton!

If i had a pint for everytime something like that happened to me, i would be paraletic!
I think Luton must exist beyond the darkest depths of the twiliight zone,
'when a man has descended the fiery depths of Dantes inferno in his journey into hell,
and reached the very lowest level.. which is the level of ice, beyond that, lies Luton!
...and a barman'...LOL
Its real creepy sometimes!
nice one for sharing your mems Dave Laughing
Keep em comming!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: