UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What music do you listen to these days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarquisDeCarabas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: What music do you listen to these days? Reply with quote

I hope this is the right forum for this...

Musically I tend to dwell in the past much more than I should, but I would guess many of us do that.

Having said that though I am always on the lookout for new music that reflects the music of the past. What music do you listen to now? Any new bands you can recommend?

Cheers,

M
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: What Music Reply with quote

What Music?
Thats a good one!
At the moment i am currently listening to a lot of UK Decay!! mainlly cus there are a dozen or so live sets to listen to and assimilate, that good folk out there have posted in!
Also recently have been listening to the old 'Anti Nirex' tapes that are now posted up on the forum.
One track that I heard recently on the radio ( and it may be controversial for this forum!) was a track by 'Goldie' I cant remmember what its called but its of his new forthcomming album. Its an absolute cracker! Also been listening to 'Joy Division' ..'Still' and 'Uknown Pleasures'
Basically anything that really 'moves' me!

Nice topic by the way

MarquisDeCarabas
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as werewolf said , this website has got me digging out a lot of old uk decay and related stuff i hadn't played in a long time. but i havn't spent much time listenign to stuff from that era in recent years as there's a lot of good new stuff always around. i love a lot of new guitar bands like silo and the liars , also love the wire comeback album ("send"). been watching glastonbury on the telly but all i keep seeing is nu-jazz crap like amy winehouse and joss stone. sure there's some great stuff at glasto but these idiots won't broadcast it. best album i've heard in the last few weeks is "american whip" by joy zipper , fabulous summery american druggy pop.

(this has veered a long way from uk decay but i'm being honest Smile )

p
MarquisDeCarabas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i love a lot of new guitar bands

You mean people still play guitars!? Wink Twisted Evil

I was once told on a Goth chat channel if it was guitars I was into then perhaps Goth wasn't the right genre for me! I didn't know what to say - I mean where do you start when someone is so clueless.

Quote:
Also been listening to 'Joy Division' ..'Still' and 'Uknown Pleasures'

That's interesting. I watched 24 Hour Party People recently. The next week I went out and replaced all my old JD vinyl with CDs so I could listen to them more often. Damn Unknown Pleasures was a great album.

Of current bands I quite enjoy Lacuna Coil.

M
oxonio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, lot of new good music around!!!
im afraid not too much goth music i like, except perhaps Cinema strange or Vanishing. i like the last Wire album as well, its a great return; all the new projects by Michael Gira (ex-Swans) are great too, like Angels of light and Body haters/Body lovers; also stuff on the Durtro label (owned by Current 93's David Tibet), like Baby Dee and Anthony and the Johnsons; lots of Noise/Powerelectronics bands; weird electronic music, like Pansonic, Oval, Add n to (x).

but, like you, i LOVE the '78/'84 period, POSTPUNK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: