UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killing Joke - the descent into bad heavy metal continues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mh
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Killing Joke - the descent into bad heavy metal continues Reply with quote

Just bought the new one, listened to the first few tracks, and I'm savagely, bitterly dissapointed. All the warning signs have been there over the past years, but recent albums have at least had enough brief flashes of past glory to enable me to ignore them. From the electronic tangles of Killing Joke through to the sleek grandeur of Brighter... there was always something interesting and/or different going on, even if you didn't always like it.

But now it's just dull, plodding RAWK.

Discuss?
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: killing joke Reply with quote

i suppose with most bands they progress, and cannot stay the same, i saw killing joke a couple of years ago at rockcity it was a good gig, but it would never be the same as it was, i used to follow them abit in 1979 whenthey had their fireeater , it was different, and if you were at the front you would get your eyebrows burnt. sometimes its best to remember a band how you want to remember them, so best not see them, if you dont like the new stuff. i dj'd at roadmender, record company sent me a new album, if i play killing joke im always asked for the old stuff.
uk subs/vibrators etc are still going and their good. punk fest at birmingham academy in a couple of weeks. should be good.
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a friend who still thinks KJ are the absolute business and will fight anyone who says otherwise. me , i love the stuff they did with youth but not much since then really does it for me.

still rate the killing joke / uk decay gig at aylesbury friars 1981 in the top 10 of all time , and i've seen quite a lot now Smile ah , those were the days etc etc p
dahei
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulrabjohn wrote:
i've got a friend who still thinks KJ are the absolute business and will fight anyone who says otherwise. me , i love the stuff they did with youth but not much since then really does it for me.

still rate the killing joke / uk decay gig at aylesbury friars 1981 in the top 10 of all time , and i've seen quite a lot now Smile ah , those were the days etc etc p

i'm with your mate on this , saw joke 2 years ago in the U.S , spent all night pissed as a newt screaming "jazz you're ugly " at the ole bastards .
personally i reckon after the late eighties pop meander thier "rebirth" was a good thing ... extremeties has to be one of thier better moments ....recorded in 48 hours !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Matters of 'Gothiquete' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: