UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Switch club! Does anybody Remmember?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyhippy
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masked kitty wrote:
I went religiously when it was at the 5-O club, the only night I missed was when the MIGS incident happened - just knew it wasn't a good idea that day.

The Coven night is cool, it's the closest thing to the Switch that we've had for ages, congrats to Nephilimbabe for sticking with that.

Funnily enough I missed that one for the same reason. Shame poor old Darren's intuition isn't so acute!
tonyhippy
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The 'Switch' Nik Zininos is having a 40th bash Reply with quote

It was blindin'! Shame I could only stay for two hours but the missus was babysitting for Kaz (Who used to be in Penumbra Sigh) and I'd promised to help. It was a pleasure to welcome Nick to the Over 40's Club!!!

Last edited by tonyhippy on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
T. R.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Nick's party & pics Reply with quote

We went to the party, had a great time. It was like a mini reunion of sorts. Lots of old faces, some very different and others hadn't changed a bit. Loved the photo's, alerting the others! Very Happy
Such a Strange Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Oh my god!! Reply with quote

I started going to the Switch in '85 and went almost every week until I moved away in '88 to join up (Navy) which was a BIG shock to all I knew. I also worked for a little while in the Nickelbag on a Saturday night.
I used to knock about mainly with Faith. Nick and Bernie used to sing a certain George Michael song to her when we walked in the club but I'll say no more about that!

One of my most favourite memories is when my then boyfriend had played a gig there with his band B-Movie Indians and left one of their amps. Nick dropped it off at my house. My dad was watching the telly when Nick turned up and after dropping off the amp said "see ya dad". All very inocent but then my dad was in CID and didn't approve of me or my associates. Class.

Last time I saw Nick & Bernie was when my daughter was about 6 months old in '92 down in what used to be Ronelles. Again, I was with Faith. How quickly time goes eh! Still listening to Spear and the Cure though. Anyone know where Faith is these days?
nephilimbabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh my god!! Reply with quote

Such a Strange Girl wrote:
Still listening to Spear and the Cure though. Anyone know where Faith is these days?

Well if you check out the weekly updates of Thursday Fury & the monthly updates of The Coven within the "news" section, you'll see that The Cure, Spear Of Destiny and all your old favorites from the good ole days are still being played.

Come down and check us out.[/b]
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: The Switch Reply with quote

Sad

Does anyone remember when Straw Dogs from Bedford played there in 1986 !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: