UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'The Chronic Outbursts'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Y

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Aaah me old war wound.... Reply with quote

anee wrote:
Quote:
BTW - thanks Rick [Oldfield] for running over my leg in your van, it still hurts now!.

Well "Guest", after interrogation of said Rick Oldfield, I can now reveal your identity. You are Tim Young (the punk rocker previously known as Zit!)

--- Indeed, still called Tim Young, no longer referred to as anything else

Quote:
and yes Rick remembers the said incident (with a giggle I may add!) Rick claims that you were talking through the van window and as he went to drive off you attempted to climb in the window or hang onto the windscreen, but fell under the car - and he ran your leg over...

--- That's not quite how I remember it, but I do chuckle at my immense stupidity.

Quote:
So I apologise of accusing you of being so drunk that you were asleep in the road.

--- Did you? Was I?

Quote:
However the incident does not seem to have traumatised Rick as much as it did you - never mind.

--- One of the few memories I have of that time, yes! But, as for being traumatised, not really.

It's cool that Rick remembers, good old boy!
trogskin@aol.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: I WAS A TEENAGE "OUTBURST" !!!!!!! Reply with quote

Twisted Evil I recently bumped into Jay Wolfendale at Leighton Football Club, and he put me in touch with this site. Any contact with any of the old crew, would be great!A lso a chance to meet up when new band "The Patron Saints " play next. To one and all, keep growing older disgracefully!"!!!!!!!! ALL THE BEST TROG
Ty Tarse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I WAS A TEENAGE "OUTBURST" !!!!!!! Reply with quote

Cool and many a happy night were had.

Are you still doing Sgt Barker Laughing
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: chronic outbursts in revisted Reply with quote

Chronic Outburst, Leighton Youth Club - May 1981 the line up at this time - as I see by the picture Wally - guitar, Mad - drums and Normans back & head - vocals.
TROG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Too much peroxide !!! Reply with quote

what ablast to see the shock of peroxide on display. great photo Anee! Shocked
Curious of Linslade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: chronic outbursts in revisted Reply with quote

anee wrote:

Chronic Outburst, Leighton Youth Club - May 1981 the line up at this time - as I see by the picture Wally - guitar, Mad - drums and Normans back & head - vocals.

Question ... who was on bass?
Tim Y

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Nick Beggs Reply with quote

anee wrote:
Nick Beggs always was a thoroughly decent bloke, pity all the other Leighton members of Kajagoogoo were all so far up their own backsides.

And to further strengthen the point that Nick is a diamond geezer (from a newsletter I subscribe to)

Something that is a lot more concrete is the debut album from Meister. This is a project put together by Ryo Matsui (guitarist from Japanese band, The Brilliant Green). Some of you might be familiar with the name as Ryo joined Mark on stage in Japan for a few Ride songs during Mark's gigs there last October.

When Ryo started putting the album together in 2003 he asked Loz to drum on a number of tracks along with bass player Nick Beggs (formerly he from Kajagoogoo). Ryo then spent the next few months travelling around the UK and Europe inviting various guest vocalist to add their talents to the record. By the end of 2003 he'd pulled together a formidable cast list: Sice (Boo Radleys), Manda Rin (Bis), Howard Jones, Maria Solheim, Gary Stringer (Reef), Mark Gardener (of course), Daniel Bellqvist (Eskobar) and Idha.

And now the album is ready for release. It's coming out through Shifty Disco in the UK on November 15th (and shortly afterwards on Sony in Japan) but there are a limited number of advance copies available to order online now through oxfordmusic.net
(http://www.oxfordmusic.net/product.php?cat=r&id=550) for only £7.99 each. [time for another plug for the new Ride T-shirts, also available at oxfordmusic.net (http://www.oxfordmusic.net/product.php?cat=c&id=31]

IMHO Ride were blinding and Nick is quite a good bass player. How many people can play a Chapman stick????
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selwyn usedto play bass for the Outbursts did he not?
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: sel Reply with quote

hey phil, selwyn was the guitarist i think,saw him the other month, followed by mark howard. Does anyone have a cd of the demo they made with mark howard ? x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jay. How do buddy! Like that pic of u and Kylie: those eyes, that hair, the winning smile all show the beauty within. Kylie doesn't look bad either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: