UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'The Chronic Outbursts'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That post above was me I forgot to log in. I'm sure I remember Selwyn strumming a bass guitar(at least , I hope thats what it was) when he wasn't playing the Squire Strat I sold him. That was a great guitar: it NEVER went out of tune- wish I'd kept it(bought 1982, sold 1984).

Last edited by Phil from Leighton B on Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: kylie Reply with quote

hi there phil, yep kylie sure is a babe, should be remembered she went out with the lizard king hutchence after all, so i keep asking her 'exactly what is it you see in that rich handsome french twat then?..... i'm playing hard to get............x
markhoward

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: I have an outbursts tape Reply with quote

Hiya all. Really good to find you lot. yep, Selwyn played bass. Somewhere I am sure I have a casette recording of an Outburst’s rehearsal and I think a gig (I am hoping Luton car park w/UKDK... the one where someone threw a can on stage hitting Dave on the nut, who played on regardless and after we'd finished promptly walked off stage and decked the wrong bloke)... will try and look it out and if I can find it will copy and make available as MP3 somehow. Now I have to tear the house apart for it... Sorry, Jay, definitely no studio demo... we never got round to that one. Still, somehow I feel a crappy cassette recording does the band more justice... sounds more like the real thing!

Am in regular contact with Pete Wilder, Dave Stubbs, Mark DaCosta and (sadly less regular) Ian Lee but have not heard about any other CO members with the exception of the sad news about Dave Barr.

Very Happy
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: tape Reply with quote

Hey there Mark, glad you're here. Always thought you were their best guitarist. Would be great to hear that tape when you get around to it. J x.
markhoward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, schucks, thanx Jay... but I had a crap hairdo and shite taste in leather jackets so that pretty much negated any playing talent:

pic by Anne or Andy Shingler.

Had a look for the tape this morning, no luck so far, but I'm sure it's somewhere.

Best memory of my time in the Outbursts: got to be Luton Car Park gig on the back of a lorry. Other memorables: Bossard Hall with various bands including Conflict, Stevenage Bowes Lyon Hall with Amoebix and various others, (and especially the trip there and back in the back of a Luton box van with our rentacrowd of about 25 LU7 punx. How we didn't get pulled over was a miracle, as the back door was open for most of the ride and windscreen wipers on the cars behind us had to work very hard. Sorry Mrs Disgusted of Stevenage. Your car did need cleaning anyway.)

Also a small club/pub place in Luton, any ideas?... struggling to remember the names... worst memory probably the insistence of some people in the audience at one or more gigs on chanting 'seig heil'. Never understood that one. Nope, not even funny. What was it I was missing? Some kind of irony?

Oh happy days... cheers!

Peace, love and happiness to all you posters!

ps Selwyn, Craig, leave a message! Very Happy
markhoward

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Fireman Dave Reply with quote

While I'm here, an amusing ditty. Dave Barr lived with me in a house in New Bradwell for a year or so. He had the 'front' bedroom, I had the back room.

One night I was dreaming that I could smell burning and had an unpleasant vision of Dave in baggy brown Y-fronts running down the stairs. Kitchen cupboard opening. Pan clatter. Tap on. Fill the pan with water. Running back up and down the stairs.

When I finally came to my senses and woke up I leapt out of bed to find Dave standing – wearing said baggy brown Y-fronts – in the room with pan in hand, chucking it over his bed, the room now completely full of acrid, damp smoke and flames still popping up around the room. He had fallen asleep with a candle lit at the bottom of his bed and it eventually set fire to his blankets. We managed to put the fire out, but a few minutes more and it would have been bye-bye house.

Ever thoughtful, he said he hadn't wanted to wake me up... mmm, thanks Dave. Lucky he wasn't as schnazzled as I was that night!

RIP
Trogskin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: "Doc Savage" Reply with quote

Well Mr. Howard, or should that be "Doc Savage",how"s it hanging ? Long time no see ,hear ,or speak !!!!!!!!!!!! Only just back on line, but will monitor this site & will contact you soon. Keep well. TROG x Razz Vomit
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: New Bradwell Reply with quote

Good evening Mark & Trogg, i remember very well your place in New Bradwell Mark, i have a photo of me stood outside the front door, having just popped round to see Dave, prior to a trip up to North Wales for xmas. 1985 i think or 86. Dave and his cereal boxes eh ? Trogg i'm sorry for leaving the gig early, but that phone call i made didn't quite work out the way i hoped. Dear oh dear. Hang loose, J x.
mark howard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: doc savage Reply with quote

Doc savage... sheeeit Trog, you have a good memory! My 'Doc Savage' tank suit (from the back store room of the trusty Bargain Clothing Store in Bridge Street where I worked on Saturdays 1979/80 – with Mick Kitson and others) is in the loft... now I'll have to get it down and see if it still fits... somehow I think that may be a problem. More like Doc Sausage...

Remember various Chronics and assorted LU7s used to come in to the shop regularly for various attire, think that's how I got first talking to the Barrman.

Still more than happy to go out to see worthy bands (and do so regularly with Marky D and Dave Stubbs). Keep us posted!

Hope all's well with you

cheers
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: mad dave Reply with quote

So, round at the werewolf's lair 2 weeks ago. Spon's got film of the ukdk gig at luton carnival. Nice and clear. Down the front, all the usual suspects dancing away. There's Jimmy getting hit by that bloody trendy. Then there's Dave. What a punch. Left cross i think. The trendies went the other way. Get it on. Yeah baby x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: