UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'The Chronic Outbursts'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracey rollings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey trog got your email address i will be able to mail you from home. right now i am using the schol computer - i teach high school in dallas !! so i'm pretty good with a gun!!! still it makes me feel young when the high school boys ask me to be their prom date, even if the chances are that i'll have to shoot them later!! just joking i will mail you from home later. take care love tracey Very Happy
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: outbursts Reply with quote

Speaking of outbursts,
Who else remembers Auntie Sue attacking Dave with a scaffold pole outside the roadmenders, can't remember why, then a week or two later, still mightily pissed off at him,whatever the reason, starting on him again at Andy Shingler's engagement party. Pulling those two apart was .....interesting ! Ho Ho eh ?
Bit like Kev Wilson doing Fruity Mick at Fatman's party in MK, a lifetime later. Ouch! Ambulance. Mind you he did ask for it. Or fighting those Saunders in Wolverton. Big Family. We'd been over to see them a year before, turning up in our landrovers, the old bill met us, weapons out then they said. Knives iron bars, chains. Is that it then they asked ? Except for the sawn offs in the motor we said. They weren't sure if we were joking or not, but there was more of us. All forgotten about if you just go home. we did. Then they did Scouse Eddie a year later. So his family and friends over to the Queen Vic in Wolverton.Pulling radiators off the wall to throw at them as they came up the stairs, Iron bars, Nunchakas, all the usual suspects. The old bill turning up with dogs - when they asked what was going on we told them we were doing the Saunders, just as an upstairs window exploded, okay then they said, we'll come back later they said. There was the battle with the Borstal at Stockgrove too in 1976 which ended up like a west side story gang fight, without the singing and dancing . Oh happy days x
jay wolfendale

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: oops ! Reply with quote

Sorry got off track there. Back to LU7. So, don't remember how it started but it ended up with a load of boneheads coming up to Brickhill for a big set to. Outside the youth club in the car park. Jon D stood there in his leathers, staring them out whilst eating a can of dog food. Then calmly walking up to the biggest one and smacking him a corker. That was it, we all ran out, they ran off. We chased them all the way down the hill to M.k. just about. The following week, part 2 was arranged. Me Jon D, Dave G, Hoppy and others. Ready. Chains bats etc. in the boot. The village copper pulled us over, blue light flashing. Told him we didn't have the key for the boot and didn't know anything about any fight. He started shouting and slapped Hoppy. Hard stares all round. Stand off. Hmm. The following week he pulled me and Kreecha, punking on down to the village pub. Searched us for drugs and weapons. Hmm. Two months later he was called to an apparent break in, one of the units round the back of the Lakes Estate, got an almighty beating, put him in hospital Hmmm. J x.
Wayne Twigg RIP buddy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Following up LB people Reply with quote

Ladies and Gents, not sure I appreciate the tunes and themes that you're into. However,found this site as I heard that a Wayne Twigg had died a while ago. This guy I lost contact with many years ago, and was my best mate at school, and last seen in Hemel Hempstead, when his family seemed to spin apart. Basically, in the 40 years I have been on this planet, I have never met a deeper bloke, he had akind of intelligence that was quite different. Maybe Wayne did the 'Jim Morrison' step out technique! I am glad that you all were mates and that the guy gave you some enjoyment when he was on this planet (if you know what I mean). Take it easy wayne and all your mates. James.

Ian Lee wrote:
Justin-
I think it's fair to say (because we don't really know) that Dave Barr died of excessive living. He lived life to the full- and more ! He died and was cremated in India- just like fellow Leightonian Wayne Twigg about 6 months earlier. It was Dave himself who told me about Wayne. And Phil Fletcher who told me about Dave.

Tracey-
Dallas, eh ? Mind the sniper from the Book Repository ! Is there still a wicker fence on the grassy knoll where the actual assassins were (maybe) ?

I digress- Being from LB too, I know where a number of people are- but not Bone, unfortunately. A true story here- I was at a party in LB, around 1984/5, at Katherine Macdonalds. Ian Crisp and Bone were there. I had just got to the kitchen- probably to get another beer- when Ian Crisp threw up in the sink. I managed not to do the same- but then Bone scooped up Ian's puke- and ate it ! Now, that did make me throw up ! Ughhhh ! Just thinking about it now....

Nick Hawkins now lives in L A- he was in Big Audio Dynamite 2 (alongside his hero, Mick Jones, ex-The Clash). There should be name checks for a lot of LB people in the 2nd newsletter of this website- so become a member, and you'll have access to it.. I remember Jake and Andy Hale too- and Scut, Rusty, Ian Williams (last time I heard, living in Amsterdam), his brother Andy Williams, Paul Leas...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Following up LB people Reply with quote

Wayne Twigg RIP buddy! wrote:
Ladies and Gents, not sure I appreciate the tunes and themes that you're into. However,found this site as I heard that a Wayne Twigg had died a while ago. This guy I lost contact with many years ago, and was my best mate at school, and last seen in Hemel Hempstead, when his family seemed to spin apart. Basically, in the 40 years I have been on this planet, I have never met a deeper bloke, he had akind of intelligence that was quite different. Maybe Wayne did the 'Jim Morrison' step out technique! I am glad that you all were mates and that the guy gave you some enjoyment when he was on this planet (if you know what I mean). Take it easy wayne and all your mates. James.

Deep as a very deep thing he was, much missed and much loved
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Wayne Reply with quote

Yes, I remember going over to Rugby on 10 February 1990* to see Wayne. He lived and worked there then. (Rugby I believe is where 'Mad' Dave Barr's parents retired to, and is the home town of the partner of original Rezistors member Dave Stubbs).
Anyway, me and Wayne and another friend sat talking all afternoon. We discussed who our 'favourite dictators' were !! It was conversation of a surreal bent, fuelled by alcohol, relaxation and openness- thanks to a strong friendship. Chat which was sometimes deep, other times, 'throw- away'. I went home to Birmingham that night with a pair of jeans Wayne had flogged me.
A few years later, on a visit to Amsterdam, I arranged to meet Wayne- by this time, now living there- in the Orangery cafe at the Botanical Gardens (still a favourite place of mine). After a slight moan that he had to pay to meet me (admission to the gardens), we had another great chat over coffee and cake. A third memorable meeting was also in Amsterdam, on the night when Kevein Keegan, as Newcastle manager, had his famous rant about Manchester United. In an Irish 'pub'/bar, also with Dave Barr and my friend David Griffiths. I got so drunk- thanks to pressures around me, haha- that I found myself throwing up in the doorway of the (closed) sex shop opposite. Not a good state to be in. But a great night, all the same.
I also remember being around Waynes house in Leighton Buzzard, sometime in the 1980s, when he produced a brain machine. I reluctantly volunteered to have a go. Five minutes seemed to last half an hour.
Yes, times with Wayne were quite memorable. I guess he decided to make the most of his life following his family problems (if you know, you know, if you don't...) Anyway, who could blame him ? Wayne- as big a character as a whole, mature tree rather than a twig..
[* the day before Nelson Mandela's release from prison].
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Nick Hawkins- bad news Reply with quote

I've just learnt from a friend in Leighton Buzzard that cool LB star of punk times, Nick Hawkins, died this week. Complications from diabetes, apparently. His mother and brothers have flown to the USA. I do not know any more than that.

Nick was one of the many members of The Chronic Outbursts in his time, and later became part of Big Audio Dynamite II, playing alongside his all time hero (!- I think it's fair to say), Mick Jones, formerly of The Clash.
After that episode ended, I believe Nick went to live in Los Angeles.

I had hoped to meet Nick again sometime. Now this cannot happen.
Nick joins a growing list of lost friends linked to this website. Never forget them, and those good times. Thanks, Nick- great to know you.
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Nick Hawkins- confirmation Reply with quote

Here's the NME confirming the sad news about Nick-
http://www.nme.com/news/big-audiodynamite/21265
tracey rollings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: nick hawkins Reply with quote

hi ian i heard yesterday from my mum that nick had died she was at the wheatsheaf where trogs band were playing and they dedicated a song to nick well during the break she asked him about nick. nick was a great guy i had been to school with him forever and use to love to listen to them play in the barn at the back of the black lion. i actually went to see him a few times when he moved to london and stayed with him and daryl. its a sad loss. also i don't know if you remember jackie that use to date tange she had dark hair went to cedars school she was a very attractive girl my mum told me that she had died last week too. we are losing so many friends its really scary - the curse of old leighton buzzard.
Mark DC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: of Post-punk , Decay and the Outbursts.... Reply with quote

I have just discovered this site by accident, and have been moved by its content.

First things first, I did'nt realise that Dave B had passed on, my god my memories of him are very strong.
He did , after all ,knock some of my teeth out in 1980, (on the basis that i had developed a sudden urge to wear Stay-pressed ,and hang about with too many guys who threatened the punk status -quo).

For those who knew me, I had bleached my hair at 15 and had one of LB's first punk parties at my house on Bideford Green.

I had the first Clash LP, before most of the guys had thrown away their Farah flares....

I always thought that the Punk movement above all stood for freedom of expression, Punk was my year Zero that took me to so many great musical expressions and places. It took me to Reggae, it took me to Ska, but it never left me in anybodys tribe for long.
It was the basis of the Straight Corners.

I forgave Dave long before my dentist fixed the damage in the 1990's...
I saw him in Amsterdam, he was obviously a free spirit, and there is nothing wrong with that ! RIP Dave.

And so .... Nick Hawkins.

Mark Howard called me last week to tell me the news. What a lovely kind
guy Nick was... I remember smoking with him in one of the teachers flats opposite the Chip shop in LB.

I will always think, " We met when we were at school, we never took no shit from no-one, we were cool " ( I quote Mick Jones ).

I was in touch with him until fairly recently, as I had been manageing a band that I wanted to send over to L.A.

He was always funny, always gentle. Sweet Dreams Nick.

and so to the living !

Much love to Mark Howard, the original Chronic Outburst, to Ian Lee
to Pete and to all the characters and rogues that made a differeance and expressed themselves.

God Bless you and your Tribe

xx Mark Da Costa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: