UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rattlesnakes, anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyhippy
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Rattlesnakes, anyone? Reply with quote

I well remember Lead singer Steve Lewis flirting with death in the Blockers (now the Well) thrusting his leather-clad (and unzipped) crotch in the faces of the local Hell's Angels during his performance of "No Money" and us all thinking "Either thy'll take it as a joke - or they'll kill him" and waited with baited breath for the end of the song. There was a pregnant pause......then uproar...."Again! Again!". Oh, the relief!
I shared a few odd experiences with him over the years (like the party at Wayne Sturgeon's squat. Don't ask!). I last saw him in the Late nineties when he worked with my missus at Kent Meters (And yes he was constantly trying to chat her up- to no avail. Can't blame him for trying, though....)

Last edited by tonyhippy on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: re rattlesnakes Reply with quote

re rattlesnakes

Was that 'canadian Rob' and did 'Greg herbert' play in the band or am I mistaken?? Question Question Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
blink poker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: rattlesnakes Reply with quote

i,ve just stumbled across this site and wow what memories it brings back.i was the original bass player with the rattlesnakes..the line up was steve lewis -vocals, greg herbert -drums,phil crum -guitar and myself blink on bass.i remember the night at the blockers with the hell angels very well.i left the band in 85 to move back to my native leicester.we're i still live,i'm now 41 years old live with my girlfriend and our 2 children but hey i still play guitar in a punk rock'n'roll band called the pokers and we've got our 1st l.p coming out on u.s.a label rip-off records in october..check us out at www.thepokers.co.uk this site is supurb please keep up the hard work.. Twisted Evil
brilliant guest
Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Blink! Reply with quote

Hi blink I remember the Rattlesnakes whats Steve Lewis and the lads up to now?
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Hey Blink! Reply with quote

blink poker wrote:
i,ve just stumbled across this site and wow what memories it brings back.i was the original bass player with the rattlesnakes..the line up was steve lewis -vocals, greg herbert -drums,phil crum -guitar and myself blink on bass.i remember the night at the blockers with the hell angels very well.i left the band in 85 to move back to my native leicester.we're i still live,i'm now 41 years old live with my girlfriend and our 2 children but hey i still play guitar in a punk rock'n'roll band called the pokers and we've got our 1st l.p coming out on u.s.a label rip-off records in october..check us out at www.thepokers.co.uk this site is supurb please keep up the hard work.. Twisted Evil

We just had a look at your site and had a listen to your MP3's very good too!....we should exchange links!! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rattlesnakes, anyone! I kinda remember the band. AMERICAN Rob(I think he was from N.Jersey), last seen several years ago when he came down here to Devon to visit, Phil MCavity,who I haven't seen forever, but would love to get in touch with if anyone has a contact no:,Greg, another I've lost touch with and again would love to get in touch with. Numerous bassists; P.K.Stonebridge, Lee Eaton and, the soon-to-be, rich an famous Blink. Steve Lewis. God bless him, a role model to us all. Then there was that one that replaced Steve. Can't remember his name, but heavens above, wasn't he a W*%#>R!!!! Toilet monster
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: welcome Bugsy Reply with quote

welcome Bugsy
Welcome to 'UK Decay' communities. Did you play with 'commodity' in the 'Phallic Symbols'? or 'Karma Sutra' or are we getting mixed up here?

Your name is really familiar!, when did you leave Luton?

Anyway nice one for posting here its good to see you, please give us a little more info on what bands you played in. Jog our memories!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Werewolf. Just remembered, it was me that replaced Steve Lewis. Me and Gary Pratten (I think that's how you spell it), sang for Remnants. It was about '82, 83'ish, not too good with dates in me old age. We had his brother Mark, and another Bugsy, can't remember his real name, think it was Paul, on guitars. Blink on bass. Gary Gray drums. I went on and played solo, wiv just me an a 12string. Then, not long after Blink left for Leicester, I followed him up there, to join "The Desperados". Split up after about a year, so I came back to Luton, an that's when I joined the Rattlers. I moved to Devon in '88, and have been here ever since. I talk a bit loike thart now. Anyway, thanks for a brilliant site. Hope it gets massive.
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Forgot to log in on last reply.What a NOOB, Embarassed
blink poker

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other bugsy was called paul huggett i do believe..i don't know if his mums mrs huggett of stella street..while i'm on here i think i've got the pokers a gig at the well on a thursday night in august i'll keep you updated...by the way bugsy whats all this soon to be rich and famous blink all about... Twisted Evil is welding going to be the new rock'n'roll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: