UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Class of 1979 - 1989 Reunion II' ::January 27th, 2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dharma Sister
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wicked night! Despite running aroudn so my legs ached today I really enjoyed it. I wasn't old enough to party in 79-81, but I'm glad I could make the reunion! Well done to everyone who made such a massive effort and everyone who came and pulled off a fucking fantastic night!

PHOTOS HERE! >>>>>>> www.flickr.com/photos/rebeski/sets <<<<<<<

Join flickr and leave comments so we know who you are! Or you can just make a comment about anything you like!

Love and Peace

Razz

www.myspace.com/djdetox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Coven
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are amazing. How did you find time to take them all!

But yes, a great night was had by all.

Hope to see you again at The Coven.
Bugsy
Merlin
Merlin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant night. Excellent bands. DK playing too was the icing. Thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my lad. He was well impressed with all the young punks. So was I, PUNK'S NOT DEAD!!
Great to see all the old(er, almost familiar) faces after all those years.
A very big thanks to Spon, Greg, etc for making it possible. I'm gonna try and sober up in time for the next one. (Please can you try and time it a bit later in the year though. My car's bloody freezing)
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Fantastic! Reply with quote

Fantastic!

Still nursing our sore heads and limbs but what a fantastic night!

We promised a 'Night of celebration' and thats what we got!

A big thanks to all those that took part!, we will get a proper update
together tommorow with news and photos.

If anyone has got any pics they would like to submit of the event
to a new gallery please email them to us at
werewolf@ukdecay.co.uk

Dharma Sister has already posted up a bunch of pics to whet your
appetite here
Nephilimbabes live journal synopsis here

If anyone has, or spots any photos of the event already online, why not
post reply below and lets see em!

Cheers

W.W. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Hey, here is something to be going on with! Reply with quote

Hey, here is something to be going on with!

Click for Larger view

Add comment here

The 'Unexpected Guests' !

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Baby Ray
Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Re-union Reply with quote

What an excellent night! What a hangover! All those face from the past - un-fucking-believable!

Well done to Spon and Greg for all the hard work.

Myself, Jon and Dan completely enjoyed playing and appreciated the repsonse. Plus, I was of course blown away when Spon asked me if I would deputise for Steve for the evening. Humbling and scary.

Dan has some video footgae of us and Decay playing. I'll send it through if the site can host it. Plus I have loads of pictures which will also find there way to Werewolf Towers this week.
scary girl
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: extract From my blogs. :) Reply with quote

And another weekend has finished, my muscles are still hurting and my neck is stiff for too much dancing.

Amazing night, no need to say.
What really stroke me was the people there.
It wasn't really a re-union for me as I was probably a one of the "youngest" (with probably the exception of 2 kids that seemed have loved the night too).
The playlists were fantastic, something that merged my 2 musical tastes, (goth and punk).

The feeling, most of all was how I felt in there.
There were no bad thoughts, nor bad feeling. No bitching, no poser, no competition on who might have the bigger hair or who might be COOL-er than others.
A strong spirit of community and togetherness.
I know it might feel like a hippie statement but that was it!
I managed to get drunk as I didn't for ages, danced my heart out.
Met new people and met in person others that were "just" online friends untill saturday.
On a sad note: It was sad for me seeing the spirit alive only amongst those started the whole thing.
Now I feel that it's all a matter of being COOLER than others, big-ger hair then others, bitching and (worst of everything else): competition!
Clubs that are money-making machine, their owners that loose touch with the principle that made them put some effort in this clubs to start with.
People scattered around in the city, looking at each other with the stiff-upper-lips attitude and being hypocritical towards each other and towards themselves in the first place.

I wish that every night could FEEL how it felt on saturday, people together toward the same target: despise bigottery, narrow minds and intolerants that make our life hell on a day to day basis.
I wish that MY generation could understand what it means loving music because it makes US unique.

Thanks Spon, thanks Russ and thanks to everyone that put some effort in the success of that night that I didn't meet.
It felt, for once, finally, REAL.
A night of reminiscence, that was for me.
I saw concepts and ideals that I've always had only in my mind/soul became reality for a night.

I was talking to Phil and saying that I regret being born so late.
I'm doing my best tho but I need the help of more people, more that believe in the genuine power of music to defend us from the Boredom of the standard way of life.

thank you again
Dharma Sister
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear hear Scary Girl! Your thoughts echo in my heart too! Was great to meet you and your friends.

Love, Peace and Hippiness,

Dharma Sister (Rebesk)

www.myspace.com/djdetox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blink poker
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL WAS THAT A NIGHT TO REMEMBER LOS CYCLONES HAD A GREAT NIGHT WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK SPON, GREG, AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO PUT IN ALL THE HARD WORK TO PULL THIS OFF..COULD THERE BE A PROPER DECAY RE-UNION IN THE PIPELINE..I HOPE SO...THANKS AGAIN.. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
sandra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bloody amazin fantastic night. So good to see everyone enjoy themselves and so many old faces even though I didn't remember everyone. Great to see Abbo and UK Decay perform. Never got to see anyone else as too busy chatting and selling t-shirts. A lot of years to catch up with some people. A special hello to Bonzi and my good old mate Tibor. Where did the last 26 years go? Hi to Janet too. See you soon I hope. I will send everyones love to LOL when I speak to her and hopefully she will be around for the next one. Don't forget Spon, have a rest then get sorting out for next year.
XXX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: