UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIXING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: MIXING Reply with quote

mixing Nuendo style
The new mixer is user-configurable, allowing you to choose between narrow, wide and extended mixer views and showing selected channels and channel-strip sections. Above the normal fader mixer is another mixer display that enables you to display either insert effects; effect sends; EQs; or an additional view with input and output settings, including gain change and phase shift per channel. Each mixer strip can be hidden or narrowed to display more channels. To make things even easier, you can have several custom mixers available at one time for easy access at any time. For example, you could have one configured for MIDI, one for audio, one for subgroups, one for ReWire channels and so on.
Another notable feature is the automatic plug-in delay compensation found in the entire signal path. Throughout the years, I have become an increasingly virtual producer and user, trying to keep it all in the machine and the digital world, and now Steinberg comes along and makes it really easy to access the analog world. Version 2.0 compensates for signals not only in its digital routing but also in its analog routing. I now have all of my external effects processors back into my audio chain, taking a big burden off of my processor, with no latency. For example, I hooked in two Lexicon PCM 81s, a TC M3000, a TC Gold Channel, , a TC M-One and D-Two, a Korg Triton Le and a Neve preamp rack using ins and outs from two Nuendo 8-I/O converters, with no glitches, hiccups or latency, and the sound quality was incredible. To top it off, all mixer audio channels can be routed from and to any input and output bus — Nuendo might help bring back the good old effects processor. If your routing includes analog processing, version 2.0 also gives you the option, which it automatically detects on mixdown, to export your mix in real time, and the sound quality has never been better.
!bianko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Smile
naughtyaudio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and breathe!!!

nice info.
________
Corvair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: