UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cubase sx 2 tips converted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Cubase sx 2 tips converted! Reply with quote

I am now converted to cubase SX2! I think although more CPU hungry, SX2 is the 'Dogs'! My earlier grumbles about Cubase SX1 have been recindicated with the new release. Much more good stuff that aids the 'macro' song and arrangement capabilities of the software studio. For instance multi grouping parts ( select the events you want to use ie. a verse chorus etc. right click and hold till the pop up menu appears...choose the 'group' option...then you can move the whole block of selected events/parts as one!)

Also the return of the 'Reverse Locator' trick!...by placing the 'Right Locator' before the 'Left Locator'(you notice the normal 'Loop' colour changing from Blue to Red!) ..making sure that 'Cycle' is enabled...and starting the song a few bars before the resulting 'Right Locator' position...press 'Play'...The song plays back till it reaches the 'Right Locator' position...then SKIPS the section between the Locators..bypassing the 'inverted loop'...very usefull in Arranging your Project! eg quickly previewing ...you may want to hear how loosing the 'Middle 8' will sound..before committing oneself to editing!...

I find this very usefull, once you have got out of the 'Loop' and into the 'Arranging of the song!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: