UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ritual
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Ritual Reply with quote

Does anyone have the tape that the Ritual released? I have both the records, and would be interested in getting copies of anything else they did, such as demo's, live casettes, anything really.

Just mentioning it here because they went on to form In Excelsis with Spon, I believe.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Re. Ritual - In Excelsis Reply with quote

Iain wrote:
Does anyone have the tape that the Ritual released? I have both the records, and would be interested in getting copies of anything else they did, such as demo's, live casettes, anything really.

Just mentioning it here because they went on to form In Excelsis with Spon, I believe.

Yes Spon went on to team up with Errol Blyth (Vocals...ex Ritual) and Mark Bond (Bass...ex Ritual) after the UK Decay split..early in 1983....within a month Colin Rocks ( Drums) was recruited.

Ritual tape.. sorry we cant help you here!...perhaps someone else can?? Question
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: By the way... Reply with quote

By the way...
There were four records released by In Excelsis...dont know how many by Ritual...anyone out there know?? Question Rolling Eyes
Twisted Evil

paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think ritual just did 2 singles , "mind disease" 7" and "kangaroo court" 3-track 12" , both i think on red flame records. i saw them once (supporting sex gang children in birmingham) and enjoyed it , with the sax they were quite theatre of hate-ish. got some pictures from this gig ; are these of interest on a uk decay website Very Happy ? let me know if anyone's interested and i'll donate them to werewolf.

never heard of this ritual live tape. sounds good , anyone got a copy?

p
monokrom
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Ritual photos Reply with quote

Yeah!

Photos of Ritual would be interesting to see, but let's leave it to werewolf to decide or not...
About the records, Riual only made the above singles.

monokrom
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re Ritual pics Reply with quote

Re Ritual pics

paulrabjohn wrote:
. i saw them once (supporting sex gang children in birmingham) and enjoyed it , with the sax they were quite theatre of hate-ish. got some pictures from this gig ; are these of interest on a uk decay website Very Happy ? let me know if anyone's interested and i'll donate them to werewolf.

monokrom@oldelpaso.nu wrote:
Yeah!
Photos of Ritual would be interesting to see, but let's leave it to werewolf to decide or not...
monokrom

Well, there are a couple of issues here that need thinking about on this...first
'Does anyone know if there is a current website for the band?

I did a quick search and as you can imagine with a name like 'Ritual' its not easy to determine from the hundreds of thousands of results!
perhaps if there is..we can cross link to them!

if not then perhaps we can make a bit of space here for a tribute of some sort!

secondlly....Although 'Ritual' may currentlly not have their own website..they (Marc Bond, Errol Blyth or Jamie etc.) may want to do so in the future!....so what are we talking about here...A forum section and a Gallery perhaps, dedicated to 'Ritual'( someone would be needed to 'Moderate' this!)....or perhaps just an 'Imformal' thread?

I must say no-one here feels that they have the 'authority' to dedicate a proper Website for the band..its true that we played various gigs together, but there must be better qualified folk out there(anyone out there know the whearabouts of Mark or Errol??)....Ritual also had a large 'Tribal' following..!

one other thing for us to consider is server space!
'SDZ' sevices have been very generous with our 'space assignement' and we are going to be putting up more 'streemed audio' and downloads in the near future that will put more pressure on them, as well as the continually growing Galleries etc that are already online..so we will have to consult with them as well on this matter!

Generally, we welcome intercourse and discussion on 'UK Decay' related bands including 'Ritual'! and if that means 'Pics' and other 'Media' stuff then fine..

To get pictures on the postings..they have to 'already exist' somewhere on the web, or they have to be uploaded to a server...again you have to know the address......
Please check your picture size before posting tho...(ideally no more than 500px whatever in width)

If anyone wishes to post a picture to the Forum and needs to upload the picture to an address, please send it via e-mail to

werewolf@ukdecay.co.uk

and just mention in the e-mail what you want...we will post it up and send you back the address!!

Iain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. There is a pretty good fansite by the deathrock bundle. They have one for UK Decay too.

http://www.deathrock.com/ritual/

They refer to a demo tape which I would love to get my hands on, but there is supposed to be a cassette release of what should have been their LP "Songs for a Dead King" but I've never found a copy of it.

I would love to see the photos. Also if anyone has reviews, etc. I have a few zigzag and Grim Humour, etc, reviews or UK Decay and Furyo if anyone wants to see scanned copies, but nothing much about the Ritual.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Iain fanzine scans Reply with quote

Iain fanzine scans
Nice one for that iain Laughing
Yes we would love to post up any fanzine articles that you may have!
Particulary the 'Grim Humour' article on UK Decay.

Dont know what you got on 'Furyo' but if you would scan it and email it up to us we shall post it up!

Thanking you

werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Re review Reply with quote

Re review
Yes that would be a nice idea Paul,
giviing a little background on the
"songs for a dead king" tape
that is!

Iain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a copy of that tape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In Excelsis General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: