UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the mick issue 5 is up!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickmercer
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: the mick issue 5 is up!! Reply with quote

The new THE MICK weighs in at 72 pages, including interviews with Lisa Nash (Screaming Sneakers) and The Dancing Did, for your enlightenment and entertainment.

There are pieces on Buffy and The Mikado, along with reviews covering 9 books (particularly the earliest Buffy novels, long since forgotten by most).

We have 11 singles, from All About Eve through to Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Idoru, The Retards, Ikon and Turn Pale.

A huge tally of 33 album reviews which look better visually than when presented here - Action Directe, Begodden Mists, Blooding Mask, Cream Viii, Darkstyle, Datura, DeSade, Robert Devereux, Dream Into Dust, Johnny Forlorn, Grand Chaos, Morthem Vlade Art, The Last Days Of Jesus, Rita Lynch, Myssouri, Nick Grey & The Random Orchestra, Nyarlathotep, The Razor Skyline, The Screaming Banshees Aircrew, Stayte, Theodor Bastard, Vampire Nation, Veil Of Thorns (plus the Choronzon and Beyond Flesh albums), five compilations from the ever reliable Various Artists, Vernian Process and Wild Swans.

Plus we have a disgraceful total of 21 bootlegs, with Dids galore, UK Decay, Big Black, Blondie, The Clash and Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

Download now, at: http://mickmercer.com/themick.html
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: The Mick 5 Reply with quote

The Mick 5
What an excellant concept the 'Mick 5' is a visual feast as well as a great read!
Definatelly worth downloading and collecting!
Interviews and features..notablly 'Dancing Did' ( anyone got any live tapes of them? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )
Also 'All about Eve' and 'The Clash' 1977 and THE SCREAMING BANSHEE AIR CREW...as well as some classy pics
Rooted in the 80's post punk/goth ideom but reaches today!

note...its better to download it first before reading.

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: the mick issue 5 is up!! Reply with quote

Good job Mick!
Again I can trust your reviews: I bought the Blooding Mask CD and it was really great!
Even better than espected.
Cheers
Mike
de@BitterSweet Embrace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: the mick issue 5 is up!! Reply with quote

mickmercer wrote:
... The Dancing Did, for your enlightenment and entertainment.
    enlightenment and entertainment
Hello
Just thought I’d let you know that at least one person did what you suggested in your journal entry about The Dancing Did last year.
Me. I went searching on ebay and found and bid on The Did’s The Lost Platoon. - The Human Chicken. I was the only bidder and so won the bid. I think I paid about $7.ooUSD, and I believe that included the shipping from Weymouth to USA. The record is in very good condition. I doubt it’d been played more than a few times before I bought it. The cover is in very good condition as well. It’s the red and black one. There were two different covers, right?
Anyway, I’m not sure why I ordered it really. I'd never even heard of The Dancing Did (Oh the punk points I’m losing here. At least in the USA anyway, punks never ever admit to not having heard of a band. Now it’s okay to say, “I’ve not heard anything by this or that band" as long as one then adds, "but I've heard of them.”) However, what you wrote about The Dancing Did intrigued me; and so when I saw this 7” vinyl on ebay, I wanted it. (Ah, the power of good writing.)
After it arrived, I used my daughter's turntable to listen to it. She and her boyfriend looked at me like I was absolutely crackers but I didn’t care. I thought it was cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: