UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Class of 1979 - 1989 Reunion III' Saturday June 7th 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munchkin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi might turn up at the george, but last night was good, only went to see uk decay play. bumped into abbo & his g,friend yay he remembered me. I knew he would Very Happy Left around 11.45pm as not really into rubella ballet Shocked Had a good time. I was the female wearing the bleached jeans, & nah didnt recognise any of the old faces back in my days.
Dharma Sister
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic evening! Big shout to Spon, who has been seriously busting his gut for at least the last month, and whose hard work and effort paid off immensely. And thanks to everyone else who worked really hard too, and the awesome bands, and the resident artist Hug Byrne!

Good to see lots of familiar faces. Smile

One Love

Dharma Sister

xxxx

www.myspace.com/djdetox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MOZ
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well organised and top night

Cheers!
rogerholdstock
Priestess
Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really enjoyable weekend, many thanks to anybody who had any input into the organisation, 'specially Spon.

Loved Nick the Poet, bravo that man.

Those who ventured into the George II on Sunday afternoon had the great pleasure of witnessing a voiceless Abbo.....
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Fantastic Reunion ! Reply with quote

Some people might find this a bit over the top, but for me, Reunion 3 was life-affirming ! Having had serious health problems since the previous Reunion, I was hoping that this event would give me a great buzz. Of course it did !

From arriving in Luton early, on the Friday afternoon and booking into my B & B; being in on the organisation beforehand; THE EVENT ITSELF; meeting people I haven't seen since the last Reunion- and far longer, in some cases; in Alfies Bar after, me and Abbo singing Clash songs with piano accompaniment - thanks, Mr Piano Player ! - to chilling out with a few others in The George II on Sunday afternoon, before I caught the coach back to Birmingham.

Firstly, thanks to all those involved with the organising, both on the day and before. A huge tilt of the hat to Spon especially, who ends up being exhausted, worried and very nervous due to the tremendous effort, care and thought he puts in. Spon- we love you !

Secondly, thanks to all the bands who played (yes, great performance from U-K-D-K !!!), the DJs who spun CLASSIC PUNK ROCK, POST-PUNK AND RELATED; Hugh, artist-in-residence.. And especially all those we maybe don't notice as much, but who are vital to the success of any event, from the very cheerful women on the door to those who have to clean and tidy up the venue afterwards.

The life affirming bit though, was THE TOTALITY OF IT. It was fantastic.
The vibe, the feeling, the friendliness, the general happiness. Made so by THE PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE. You, you, you and you. If only large groups of people everywhere can be so sociable, friendly, loving and genuinely interested. No fakes, no trouble, no violence. Just positiveness, openness, intelligence, HUMANITY. Thank you all !!!!!
TANTRABOY
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: re union, lovely post Reply with quote

Ian, it was lovely to see you again in 2008, . Last time was a Winkles re union by Dec Hickey, probably 1992? A long time ago anyway.

It reminded me of the very first time we met at Luton Train station in the Summer of 1979. You were in a black blazer, and your friend was undoubtedly Lol with dark red hair, and I just had to talk to you both and ask what a UK Decay was, I think you didn't laugh, and directed me to the market where I bought something like Delta 5 or some noise, so there you have it. Ian Lee is responsible for another musical 14 year old.

Thanks Mon Brave.

I was sorry to hear that you haven't been well. Really sorry, so its got to be very nice to see something as perfect as Spon wrought on Saturday.

I was transported for a few minutes... Maybe not back to 14, but certainly to a place without mortgages, divorce, heartbreak, and responsibility, also got to meet people I had not literally seen since 1983. Everyone was there for the moment, and 'the moment' came a few times that night.

Feel free to get in touch anytime. I go to Birmingham now and then, mostly Yardley, and Wolves. Email : rubyandkaitlin@btinternet.com

Alan
Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Happy Daze! Reply with quote

It IS a trip! Authentic, nostalgic, time shifting and perfect in all ways. 'Life affirming' I think I read someone say... It makes you re-feel the wild abandon of youth and the careless times that were free of 'responsibility'! It's magic to see the faces from the past and to realise that they are still indeed the same people as they were then... There are a lot of you people that I don't know personally but you were all there making the bigger picture complete...
Peace and Love to you all!
Baby Ray
Minstrel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Big thanks to Spon Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with Dharma Sister - this whole event, the last two events and the website are with us thanks to the one and only Spon. Take a bow. Next year I'm going to buy you a torch so you can see what you're plugging into!
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: For My Country Reply with quote

For My Country Luton 2008
<param></param>

We shall get the news, galleries for event photos and everything else up
when we have recovered sufficiently. We have been picking up the peices
from saturdays event today.
Keep sending in your comments and photos.

A big thanks for all your kind comments and please do share with us all
your experiences of the evening.

Thank you everyone for making this possible, all the bands, DJ's
Poets, venue staff, all the UK Decay Community team that worked hard
that night to make it the night of celebration it was.
And most of all, for you the community, for making it all worth while!

Nice One!

If you have
Images photos and embeded links to eg photobucket etc youtube videos
please click here

W.W. for UK Decay Communities

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
bonzi
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: had a good time at reunion 3. Reply with quote

just like to say what a good event. i really enjoyed it.
and always nice to meet a few old faces from the past and meet new people.good to see uk decay do a long set.
everyone mad the night good.
a good friendly atmosphere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> UK DECAY Community Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: