UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK DECAY TO HEADLINE “PRAY SILENCE FESTIVAL 2011”

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: UK DECAY TO HEADLINE “PRAY SILENCE FESTIVAL 2011” Reply with quote

UK DECAY TO HEADLINE “PRAY SILENCE FESTIVAL 2011”

......Cancelled!!.......

UK Decay are to return to Lisbon for Portugal’s largest festival of Gothic Rock,
Deathrock, Electro-Punk, Post-Punk, Industrial, Synth and Batcave bands
since, the Drop Dead Festival back in 2008.

The three day festival runs on Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th August,
UK Decay are headlining on Sunday 28th. In the UK, this is the traditional
August Bank Holiday weekend.

Organized by the highly successful Pray Silence Productions, Pray Silence Festival
celebrates dark, alternative music and alternative lifestyles in general.
The line-up will include some of the best Gothic Rock, Deathrock, Electro-Punk,
Post-Punk, Industrial, Synth and Batcave bands in the planet.

Worldwide renowned DJs will allow continuous celebration with special parties
until dawn, including a fetish party with fantastic performers from all over the world.

Although with over a year to go before the festival, UK Decay are delighted to be
returning to Portugal and performing amongst such a rich line-up of bands and DJ’s.

Bands so far confirmed at Pray silence 2011Other acts so far confirmed for the festival are.

* Kommunity FK (usa)
* Clan of Xymox (de)
* The Eden House (uk)
* Diary of Dreams (de)
* Deviant UK (uk)
* In the Nursery (uk)
* Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio (se)
* Nosferatu (uk)
* Inkubus Sukkubus (uk)
* Attrition (uk)
* Two Witches (fi)
* Psyche (de)
* Sinmasters (fi)
* Midnight Configuration (uk)
* Ankst (sa)
* Rhombus (uk)
* Pretentious, Moi? (uk)
* MethodCell (uk)
* The Realm (uk)
* Inertia (uk)
* The Last Cry (uk)
* The Last Dance (usa)
* Phantom Vision (pt)
* Grooving in Green (uk)
* Sapphire Solace (uk/usa)
* Vendemmian (uk)

With more bands to be confirmed

CONFIRMED DJ's

* Dr. Manhattan (pt)
* Martin OldGoth (uk)
* KittyLectro (usa)
* Jyrki Witch (fi)
* Zynthexia (fi)
* Mel Soulscape (usa)
* Jon TheGoth (uk)
* Yggdrasil (pt)
* Reza (uk)
* Elektrobunny (uk)
* Ad Infinitum (pt)
* Psycho Mantis (pt)

More DJ's to be announced soon.

OFFICIAL PRAY SILENCE WEBSITE

http://www.praysilencefestival.com/

Visit The new UK Decay Communities

Last edited by werewolf on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:57 am; edited 3 times in total
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Pray Silence Festival poster Reply with quote

Pray Silence Festival 2011

Pray Silence Festival 2011

Want your own Banner or Poster?

Banner and Poster codes available from....
http://www.praysilencefestival.com/press.html

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Cyberpagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the festival has been cancelled Sad

Here's an official statement from the promoter:

Quote:
Today as you all know by now, is a sad day for everyone involved in the organization of the Festival.

This is a personal note. I don't expect you to understand it. You can even not agree with what I'm going to say.

This message goes to all my friends and foes.

- It was not a couple of bands that took the Festival down. Since the Festival was announced in May last year that since the beginning we had fake social networks profiles used to attack me. On the last couple of months, the attacks started targeting my family. The kind of messages that was sent to my family and close friends is disgusting. People don't understand that are limits to what they can do. When they break those limits, I'm sorry but I do not even consider them as humans anymore. The damage caused by those people to my inner circle is something I will never forgive. For me it's going as low as a human being can go. I know people told me several times, "don't listen to them", "ignore them"... Well, ignoring them is the worst that can be done. I have to shout. And I'm sorry, but only someone who faced what we are facing right now can understand. This people can't be ignored. That's one of the worst mistakes of the scene. I received support emails some time ago from bands that couldn't express it publicly because of who could be seeing that in UK. If a scene is like this, or better, if factions of the scene are like this, I regret to say it but I just want distance. Now, when I tell about "those" people, I'm sure a lot of you will know of whom I'm talking about. Specialy because it's people who have done similar things to other festivals in the past. The source of all this is a nonprofit (!) record label based in UK that was in the past associated with us.

- About the Festival never going to happen. Oh well, to be frankly honest, I don't have time to deal with things that "will not happen". Regarding hotel rooms not being booked: Well, that's correct. The hotel contacted us in December to be the official Hotel for the event. Booking would start being made in the hotel and flights in the end of February, because to book anything we need the personal information from everyone. Full name, passport numbers... Bands, people, contacted the hotel several times and every time I knew they did that. Although I was the "public face" of the Festival, I was not alone organizing it. With the type of high profile bands involved, only a lunatic would think in planning something that would not happen. And thankfully, I am not one.

- Regarding the links being spread: All the links that those people use are from public forums used to attack me 4 years ago so that I vanished from the Portuguese game development industry. But I didn't. And right now my company is the biggest game development company in Portugal, achieving success worldwide, and I have 32 employees of which I'm proud that all of them are having the best time of their life working with me. I am proud that I never had any kind of trouble with Justice and my criminal record is totally clean. The success of my company is public. Everyone can see that.

- My personal life and my professional life with my game development company fullfills me. If I do anything music related is because I want, not because I need. My wife, my daughters, my family, my true friends, are my safety net. Those are the ones that know me, and the ones who can make a valid opinion about me. What people that I don't know says about me? I don't care. I proof who I am on the real world, where it matters. Fake FB (and not only) profiles don't have anything to do with music. Those are tools used by haters, low human beings for whom I have no respect at all.

We cancel the festival but I can be proud that the organization did their very best.

The internet is a wonderful thing but some people think that only because they can express themselves, they can attack the others without mercy. I will continue living my life, growing my companies and educating my daughters to my very best so that they will never interact with this type of people. They are lovely human beings that were directly affected by everything that was done. I am proud of who I am and what I achieved, always with my work. And that, no one can take it out of me...

Just a personal thank you to all the bands who shared this vision with us, our true partners and friends.

Bruno

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." (~Ayn Rand)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: