UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jenny prestana / abbo post furyo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: jenny prestana / abbo post furyo Reply with quote

i won't shout it from the rooftops , but plans now well underway for a cherry red re-issue of the furyo material. exactly what will be on the cd is not 100% clear , definitely the 2 EP's and possibly some "bonus material".

anyway , as part of this project i have been contacted by cherry red publishing , who "own" the furyo songs. along with all the tracks i knew , there were also published a batch of songs in 1985 (so probably post furyo) by abbo and someone called jenny prestana. cherry red had no idea what these songs were , fairly sure they never got an official release.

so then , does anyone know who jenny prestana was or what band/project abbo wrote these songs for? this is all a complete mystery to me (and cherry red) , any help on identifying these songs would be hugely appreciated.

any thoughts? p
paulrabjohn
King of Kings
King of Kings

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ask and you shall find out. as part of the furyo cd release on cherry red , i helped them out with some of the background info. cherry red were aware of ms prestana and i found out the following (this really amazed me , i knew nothing of this lot) ;

after furyo abbo embarked on a project with jenny prestana (who also played with click click under the name jenny onviola). the project was called "badland" , and was basically abbo , jenny and a couple of other string players (ie it was abbo fronting a string quartet). an albums worth of material was written and recorded (and published by cherry red , which is how they knew all this) but the album never got released.

however , one track did see the light of day. the track was called "til the stars fall" and it appeared on a double compilation lp called "for your ears only" on Third Mind Records in about 1985. i've tracked one down , and it is undoubtedly mr abbott crooning a very mellow ballad with part of an orchestra behind him. no rock instruments at all , its pretty far out stuff. this must have been very low key , never ever seen this mentioned anywhere.

also (even better) abbo and jenny apparently put on a production of Brecht's "Caucasian Chalk Circle" in Dunstable. anyone know anything about this ; sounds like a great night?

i will try to get some more info on this , but in the meantime there's a challenge for all you record collectors out there Wink try www.gemm.com if you've got a lot of cash to spend on a copy (no i didn't pay that much before you ask)

happy hunting. p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Furyo General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: