UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battle of the Beanfield Anniversary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Battle of the Beanfield Anniversary Reply with quote

It was 20 years ago yesterday (1 June 1985) that the police trashed the convoy in the Battle of the Beanfield, effectively crushing the Stonehenge Free Festival. Sad

If anyone's around in London next Tuesday (7th June 2005), Andy Worthington, author of 'Stonehenge: Celebration and Subversion', will be talking about this infamous police riot. A film of the events, 'Operation Solstice', will also be shown. It all takes place at the the Pullens Centre, 184 Crampton St Walworth SE17, 7.30pm, Admission Free, 5 minutes from the Elephant and Castle.
SdZ
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres some RealMedia (low quality) videos / documentaries here :

http://tash.dns2go.com/Vtape-main_320x240_RM.htm
Quote:

'Operation Solstice' Stonehenge 1985.

The 'Battle of the Beanfield' was an ambush and violent police action. It was a turning point for my community. Here is the story of the day and the court case that followed. 1991. 47min

mandy leveller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Battle of the Beanfield Anniversary Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
It was 20 years ago yesterday (1 June 1985) that the police trashed the convoy in the Battle of the Beanfield, effectively crushing the Stonehenge Free Festival. Sad

If anyone's around in London next Tuesday (7th June 2005), Andy Worthington, author of 'Stonehenge: Celebration and Subversion', will be talking about this infamous police riot. A film of the events, 'Operation Solstice', will also be shown. It all takes place at the the Pullens Centre, 184 Crampton St Walworth SE17, 7.30pm, Admission Free, 5 minutes from the Elephant and Castle.

DAMN WHY WAS THIS NOT PUT ON THE LEVS BOARD?
Bone
Minstrel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Battle of the Beanfield Anniversary Reply with quote

[Saw some documentry footage of the battle of the beanfield 15yrs ago, I knew several people there, watching it made me very angry and slightly sick. Was there myself for the revenge in 88,apart from the police and official nonsense I had a pretty good time.
Mickb
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Did you get a lift back with me Reply with quote

Bone......... I think it was 88 When I hired a van and went to stonehenge. We ended up parked in woodland called "Chalderton" Then everybody walked to Stonehenge from there..

I seem to remember bumping into you .... everything was a bit HAZZIE that night . But im sure Dave Barr was also there with you ..

I had quite a few people in that Van, but I think you got a lift back to Leighton Buzzard with us .....

Mickb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> In The UK Decay Today! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: