UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lu7
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: lu7 Reply with quote

Hi to all who remember me.

Last edited by Phil from Leighton B on Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Hi and Welcome 'Phil from Leighton B' Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome 'Phil from Leighton B'

Hi and welcome 'Phill FLB', to the Home of UK Decay Communities.

We are sure that many here will know you or of you!!
Ye of ole LU7 fame
Phill FLB wrote:
i do not want to be referred to by my old nickname(****)

We do hope that everyone here at UK DK coms, will respect your wishes!

Its great to see you here mate, when you get a chance, please do share
some of your memories with us!!

Looking forward

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
phil from leighton b....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: LU7 Reply with quote

Cheers Werewolf! Thanks for the welcome. Have been wondering about ur identity with Tim Young(also ex LU7), I guess a major clue is that the site appears to be constructed by Mick Mercer! Anyway,the uncertainty is intriguing...
First off, sorry to sound so touchy in my previous post, but I just wanted to pre-empt that issue.
Moving on(rapidly! ) its really good to see this site and thanks for putting it together. Like I said before, I don't have internet access so it will take a while for me to see who is posting what and where etc
It was UkDecay that was the focus for a lot of people from 1979 until when they split(was it end of '81?). They were a great band that exemplified the synergy between performer and audience : it felt like they combined together and generated creative, crackling energy that was, however grim the subject matter, ultimately joyfull. Believe it. Those gigs were a brilliant laugh and full of life. The term "Goth" hadn't been coined-another label used to try and capture the magic of music and nail it down. No chance. These people were originals and invented their own form. It was about living, not an unhealthy obsession with the "dark side" which other performers and "goths" seem to have.
Was? O well. Is...
Sad to hear about Jeff and Steve. And Dave.
For anybody looking in LU7 were a major crew that went to DK gigs.
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: LU7 Reply with quote

Cheers Werewolf! Thanks for the welcome. Have been wondering about ur identity with Tim Young(also ex LU7), I guess a major clue is that the site appears to be constructed by Mick Mercer! Anyway,the uncertainty is intriguing...
First off, sorry to sound so touchy in my previous post, but I just wanted to pre-empt that issue.
Moving on(rapidly! ) its really good to see this site and thanks for putting it together. Like I said before, I don't have internet access so it will take a while for me to see who is posting what and where etc
It was UkDecay that was the focus for a lot of people from 1979 until when they split(was it end of '81?). They were a great band that exemplified the synergy between performer and audience : it felt like they combined together and generated creative, crackling energy that was, however grim the subject matter, ultimately joyfull. Believe it. Those gigs were a brilliant laugh and full of life. The term "Goth" hadn't been coined-another label used to try and capture the magic of music and nail it down. No chance. These people were originals and invented their own form. It was about living, not an unhealthy obsession with the "dark side" which other performers and "goths" seem to have.
Was? O well. Is...
Sad to hear about Jeff and Steve. And Dave.
For anybody looking in LU7 were a major crew that went to DK gigs.
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Thanks Phill FLB Reply with quote

Thanks Phill FLB

Thanks for the compliments on the website,
We saw the virtue of having a web profile for not only the activities
centred around UK Decay, but the life and times of I guess a whole
generation of folk who shared in the experiences.

Why leave it to such megasites as 'Friends Re-united' or 'Yahoo' etc?,
This website is run, administered and maintained by ordinary folk that
were if not actually in the band, very close to it and is a shared platform
used by all who were involved in the scene way back in the days, today!

Although Mick Mercer is indeed a much respected contributer to the
website and forums, we can asure you that he is not 'werewolf'!

THese pages belong to the folk that use them!
To all those whome for a few 'manic' years, 'Decay'
Phill FLB wrote:
was the focus for a
lot of people from 1979 until when they split

Its only as important as you want it to be...
but this is where you may 'actuate possibillities!'

'Keep your spirits high'!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Ty Tarse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

You could always fire that genny up and get a satellite dish ... just a thought Laughing

Good to see that you've managed to post though!
anee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Whatever happened to.......? Reply with quote

Whilst sharing a drink with Ian Lee in Sheffield before the Wednesday V Luton game recently, we got to reminiscing about old LU7 PX's that we have not heard anything about for donkeys years. Maybe it is because neither Ian or I are never in Leighton much.

So Whatever happened to....... Norman? Bone? Keith Minney?
Anyone have a clue? Where are they/you now?
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anee. Saw Bone (in 1994 i think) being some sort of security at a festival near Coleford in the forest of Dean.
Norman i last heard was in milton keynes.

Last edited by Phil from Leighton B on Tue May 11, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of "whatever happened to" , Does anyone have Selwyns email(Im fairly sure he played bass for the Chronic Outbursts ). Also , re LU7
can anybody let us know of Jason Pattinson, John Doherty( Dumblebug and Dogtropat), Andreas Pandreas, Terry Drakely, Pete Higgs(i was in the Pow Wow Party with him), Sean Holden, Sue Limbert, Bobby Limbert , Kieth Minny and anyone else. Saw Troggs band (Patron Saints)other day doing good old punk covers and more, well worth a look and enjoyed gig. Hope they'll get some original materiel together . By the way, yes everybody in Leighton Buzzard did have a funny name.
Hi to UK decay as was how ya doin and what ye up to now?
By the way( hoping to stimulate a response!) , I dont think its a negative thing to review the past/ find out what people are doing now. Tims forever saying how people have moved on , may not want to remember the old days etc. Well, barring anything traumatic(on a good night) that sounds a bit superficial. Those times meant a lot to a lot of people and they can only but carry that spirit with them. In fact, the beauty of this net is that connections can be made and remade. The energy and ideas that people had in their youth can carry on, they dont have to give up.
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Phil from Leighton B on Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: