UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lu7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Nah carry on phill thats a good comment Reply with quote

Nah carry on phill thats a good comment

you are not talking to yourself there are hundreds if not more reading these
forums every week because most of the stuff that people post in here
is really interesting to read and thats what most folk do they just read!

the stats work out aprox 1 post to nearly 5o reads that does go up
and down but the overall trend is uP!! So the other thing is that these
forums are unlike Yahoo and messenger etc. they are a longer term
noticeboard an example being that
several people have actually re-connected with long lost freinds!
Just check out the Mathew parker story here
Your comments on Luton are enirely relevant and welcomed!
We have memories of you 'lunching it out ' in our 'Welly street' HQ after
many a gig!
Do you remmember ';jeffrey hamilton' when he was living in the loft!
he's another one is sadly no longer with us! Somewhere there is a tape
deep in the vaults of Aldwyck Towers of a special audio christmas card
he made especially for the Leighton Buzzard crew!
It may take a while to dig it out but it would be nice to find it for christmas!
or winter soltice or santa flyagaric!

Keep your memories flowing phill
its good to hear em!
take care!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
Ian Lee
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil-
don't get disheartened. It is possible that some people have disappeared, 'moved on', don't wish to get back in contact, or unfortunately, as we know 6 people now mentioned on this website - died.
But cheer up - perhaps some others know where these people are. Or in their own time... You and me have communicated...I hope to meet you sometime soon, either in LB or in your current neck of the woods, Banbury area.

Yes, Luton is/can be a shit hole- 'officially the most crap town in Britain', thanks to The Idler magazine. And the football club's been recently voted having the 2nd worst ground in the League (and they lost for the first time in the League this season yesterday- the rot's set in !) Hell, I was born in Luton- albeit at the L & D Hospital- where, 20 years later, Ian Curtis was diagnosed as having epilepsy (Joy Division travelling back up north at the time from a gig at the Moonlight Club, West Hampstead- hey, I remember attending a UK Decay gig there).

Pete Higgs and Denise Yon are still married to each other, and living in Linslade, LB (I met them early 2004 in The Wheatsheaf, LB), the Limberts moved up to Middlesborough (don't ask me why). Don't know where anybody one is, including Tanya Anderson-Dixon, John Bliss, Stephen Cotterell (was it ?), somebody else whose name escapes me now- Nigel ? - who lived almost opposite Homeleigh guest house in Beaudesert, LB, who had the only known- to me- picture of myself with yellow hair (summer 1979)- I still would like a copy of that - I think I was pictured sitting on a police car...

I have three separate stories of having rides in cop cars- one a hitch hike ( ! ) with 3 others, one by request from a cop to lead a LB fire engine to a house fire (they didn't have a clue themselves- nothing changes) and finally, around half the M25 after being arrested on suspicion of murder, in 1986. What a frightening experience that was- it was 19 hours before I got released. (Someone thought I looked like the photofit shown on Crimewatch that night, and tipped off the cops (at Croydon). A wrong place, wrong time situation. Hey, LB punks- remember that time at Northampton station, after we were travelling home after a UK Decay gig ? We were all - bar Jimmy Yon and partner, who hid or something- carted off to the nick after a window got smashed ? Being released at dawn, before breakfast, feeling like crap ?

Sorry, Phil, I digressed a bit- my memory bank was generous today ! But cheer up, 'cos nothing like the above happens now- does it ? Haven't been able to make a Patron Saints gig yet- but hopefully will sometime !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: UK DK - Northampton - LU7 Reply with quote

... Wasn't that with the Hemel lot - as I recall a row erupted and Keith Minney was launched through a window. Police appear, everyone nicked blah blah blah - Wasn't Sue Limbert a tad angry even after we were all released and still wanted to have a few words with said Hemel lot?

Perhaps I'm wrong - it was a l-o-n-g time ago!

BTW just heard that Peely's gone. A true gent and without a shadow of a doubt a BIG loss. In the immortal words of the best band in the world [sic], the Cockney Rejects, 'Thanks John'
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Just caught up with a computer in time to say how sorry I am to hear about John Peels passing. To those of us who surfed the first wave of punk(to the wipeout) he had particular relevance-he played music which was effectively banned in Britain : it was the voice of people who wanted change and (hard though it may be to believe these days kids) for a brief period it felt like it was going to happen -bigtime.
I hope younger people still get this from latter trends, or maybe something different . I still heard inspiring music recently on the John Peel program( Radio 1).
Ofcourse, with recent advances in hair technology ,and the advent of more soap operas on TV, people can feel they have enough change in their lives.
John showed how one persons view DOES matter, and what a change it can make.

Thanks for replies to previous post. I will continue that ramble next time.
Phil from Leighton B
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Werewolf. Yes I remember Jeff- someone who was unforgetable and I wish I'd seen more of.

Back to that Kennedys tour, there was a handful of us hitching around to catch as many gigs as we could. Me and Sue set off together and caught up with Dave Barr here and there.
The bit I saw seemed to be in dark, wet northernish English towns like Blackburn (King Georges Hall, cheers George), Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and maybe one or two more. We were sort of sleeping rough, or just rough.
The Kennedy's? Intense, energetic, tuneful, heartfelt . Jello Biafra stripped to the waist , clenching the mic cable between his teeth, twitching ,constantly moving feeling the music, angry with everything including the audience.
UKDecay supported, doing their differently intense but getting people moving thing.
One night sleeping in bands car somewhere. Cop knocked on window in morning- friendly style. Next thing, he's called for backup and we're all nicked, on the assumption we might have stolen the car.
Spent few hours in cells. shared a cell with a guy called Alvin. Nice bloke. Like he said, the police get everybody in those cells at some point. At least, thats how it felt to us.
Meanwhile, they've searched the car and found a guitar case full of bottles of tablets, which is duly presented to us at the station. We've never seen it before, honest guv. Turns out it's legit script stuff for keeping musicians relatively healthy.
Another time at night before a gig we were walking some blackened, stone -clad thoroughfare at a pace against the cold. Across the empty street, at a similar pace going the other way, looking a bit edgy, were the Stray Cats, who were playing the same town that night.

Last edited by Phil from Leighton B on Tue May 11, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Steve Spon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Hey Phill that may have been Liverpool Reply with quote

Quote:
Another time at night before a gig we were walking some blackened, stone -clad thoroughfare at a pace against the cold. Across the empty street, at a similar pace going the other way, looking a bit edgy, were the Stray Cats, who were playing the same town that night. They stood out , with the singers bleached quiff the brightest thing in the street, or even the town on that night.

That was Liverpool wan'it?

ello phill/
You got some good mems there, I remember you an Dave living in our cars on tour sometimes.Whilst we were akip on the promoters floor.
Some of you and Daves escapades were astonishing, one end of the country to the other...
Ahem the 'guitar case full of bottles of tablets'' were 'vitimins' honest guv.
We shall have to meet up for a chat about the old days in the new year mate
Spon
Bone
Minstrel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: festival security Reply with quote

Sorry phil,that would have been severn revels.it was a community festival and we had to endure months of shite from police,fire service and hse just to make it happen.Dont remember turning you away but did have a bit of bover with Pete from Vatican City,mainly cos he was drunk on special brew and being an ignorant arse(all he had to do was be polite and make a small donation as an act of good will),hope it didn't spoil it for you too much.
The festival lost money and it took 2yrs to put on the next one,at which I refused to do security and put up fences instead.
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Bone Reply with quote

Looking at those pictures of you at the last reunion you look like you have weathered well, unlike myself

I must say that Ian and Bonzi have not been so lucky in the aging process

ho ho
Bone
Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Bone Reply with quote

Thank you Timmy, the trick is to sell your soul to the devil and leave a photo in the attic. Also not getting married and having some woman stuffing me with pies for ten years may have helped.
Although I have nothing against women or pies and I am open to offers.
(Sandra, release the FHM photo please!)
LU7_PX
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Bone Reply with quote

Bone wrote:
Thank you Timmy, the trick is to sell your soul to the devil and leave a photo in the attic. Also not getting married and having some woman stuffing me with pies for ten years may have helped.
Although I have nothing against women or pies and I am open to offers.
(Sandra, release the FHM photo please!)

Timmy!!! Who the fuck is Timmy!!!!!

My good woman hasn't quite been stuffing me with pies for ten years, but with the other two not so good women stuffing me with pies I guess you might have a point

I have nothing against pies either obviously!

--- Tim The Troll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> FRIENDS! Post your profiles here! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: