UK Decay Forum Index UK Decay
UK DECAY COMMUNITIES 2008

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BuD LoG 01

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: BuD LoG 01 Reply with quote

BuD LoG 01 Arrow Arrow
I just cannot understand why there is such a 'Clique' of opinion amongst Musicians Dj's and producers that holds to the idea that you cant produce proper-proffesional music without 'such and such' software or hardware!

I have seen folk spend literally thousands of whatever and countles time, on a 'one way ticket' to the Audio Pot of gold. Only to find it doesnt exist!

The trouble becomes even more complicated when one starts to throw money at the fire!
You have to try and find a balance......
'Your ideas are not absurd'...you Can do anything you want with your average PC !

Well...I dont know about that although I have a lot of sympathy with that idea!
maybe I am an idiot thats spent far too long with my ears up me arse! or maybe like 'in space where nobody can hear you scream!' I have been paying too much creedence to those that would deny any possibility of music production without the 'obligitary' combination of 'Mac and Logic' combination...more fool too you! it sucks!
I have spent the day on a remix project in a studio with a such combination and I would not recomend this experience to anyone in the serious business of music production!
I cant wait to get back home to my humble PC Embarassed Mad Mad
spono

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: BuD LoG 02 Reply with quote

Arrow Arrow
Perhaps I was being a bit unfair last night on the rival 'Mac-Logic' combination but I still believe the additional cost ( 20/25%more ) is not justified in cosideration of enhanced features quality or usibility!

One things for sure, I really love 'Logics' native plugins...no messing these are generally really good quality!

You know one of things that really pisses me of about the 'Mac' tho is ithe insistance of keeping to their pitifull 'monobutton' mouse!..I simply cannot understand any benefit at all in just having one mouse button!its taken 'Apple' so long to realise that people have five fingers a wrist and a brain thats capable of using them all independentlly, albeit with a bit of practice, after all musicians have too!

THE MONO MOUSE BUTTON ON THE MAC IS MORONIC! Exclamation
werewolf
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: more on the software wars! Reply with quote

more on the software wars!
Hey you guys..
We dont care if you use Cubase, Logic, Orion Sonar or whatever!

The important thing is..... is that you keep the fact in mind that the 'means is only towards the end' that it is not actually that important which actual software you are using..it is the result!

Keep the topicas comming! Arrow Arrow

Visit The new UK Decay Communities
spono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Did you know that 'Fruity Loops' was voted best software! Reply with quote

Did you know that 'Fruity Loops' was voted best software!

In a recent poll by a well known DJ magazine, 'Fruity Loops' was voted best and most popular amongst Hip Hop and Rap producers! Shocked

I spent saturday afternoon setting up a Dj's studio wiring and PC and he told me this fact! Well I am not suprised It has to be admitted that 'FL' is a very 'Instant and Intuititave' interface. I dont actually own a copy of this software but I am familiar with it and even after trying it out didnt feel it was the software for my personal style!

However software after all is only a 'means to an end' and if 'Fruity Loops' is helpfull and usefull as a means for prods to create, then 'So be it!'...it turns out as well as 'stand alone', 'FL' can be used as a 'VSTI plugin' within your favourite VST host ie Orion, Cubase etc so you really can have have the best of two worlds! Rolling Eyes Arrow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: yes but ive got a biggr synth than you Reply with quote

I got a new better one than everone else cos im so cool now i will make the best tunes becuase im a computer expert and you just musicians.
You are all living in the mode of ignorance. I have the4 best chesse and the best synths ans the best flat and the best everything because i am the hambo rindo. So love me and bow down to me mere mortal musicains. na na na na na sik dar
spono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re Above Reply with quote

Hmmmm.....
I was always a bit 'sus' of the kid who knew everything!
Quote:
Did you know that there is no proper name for the back of the knee!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked
Mervin
Minstrel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: well i say Reply with quote

Whats this chaps dont like the old mac, well let me tell you lot theres not a lot better, whatas that cubase thing all about doesnt have very nice colours to it just soednt inspire me to make my woderful classica techno I dont think cubase could handle the complexity of techno music. I geuss ill just have to stick to more professional software like orion, P.s. if you need a space ship let me know
Dharma Sister
Druid
Druid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: you make techno? Reply with quote

Quote:
soednt inspire me to make my woderful classica techno

?? Very Happy

www.myspace.com/djdetox
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PJ
King of Chav's
King of Chav's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mervin what you saying man,
them macs are well slow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UK Decay Forum Index -> Music Production questions and answers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: